MILSIM

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

MILSIM

Postby MILSIM » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:20 pm

(I previously registered under the name SKYNET before I deployed, but for some reason I cant log in. So just starting from scratch.)

Whats up guys? I'm Pete, from good old Rhode Island. I'm stationed at Fort Campbell and looking to get started with airsoft down here on weekends. The only reason I haven't shown up so far is because I am waiting for my truck to get shipped down here, which happens to contain the other half of my kit and airsoft guns.

Got back from Afghanistan in April. In the absence of being shot at by taliban, I'll settle for airsoft bbs. Looking for some good games down here, as is my roommate, who is as equally into the sport as me. We just got into GBBR's and take pride in decking our kits out with every last detail.

I chose the name "MILSIM" for my account so you know up front what I'm about. Before I enlisted, I adhered strictly to realism where ever I could apply it. 30 round mags in my M4, 15 rounds in my M9. I even hit the superficial bolt catch on my old AEG M4 when I inserted a fresh mag on an "empty chamber".Im the guy with the ballistic plates in a properly fitted plate carrier. Now that im rocking a gas blowback M4, I've gone by the steps acquiring the replica suppressor, ACOG, gripod, PEQ-15 and even "liberated" a surefire weapon light from the Army to make my M4 near-SOP...save for a custom paint job to eradicate the glossy "toy-like" finish on the rifle.

I'm not one to put up with BS on the field. I'm more than happy to sit behind cover and let that guy on the other side of the field dump a 150 round stream of BBs into the other side of the tree I'm behind. When he's done, I'll move up and do my best to knock him out with a controlled pair or two from a more practical range. If I get hit in the process...oh well. As long as he's having fun.

Airsoft to me is a pure simulation event. In my mind, each 6mm bb is a round of 5.56mm or 9mm ammunition. A 300 round magazine that sounds like a maracca and puts out the entire combat load of a US Army soldier in a second-and-a-half depression of the trigger is a joke. A rifle with no recoil and all the muzzle report of a dentist's drill does not float my boat. yes, its a part of airsoft, but not for me anymore. If I can't do gas, I'll go spring. Ive washed my hands of electric guns.

I don't believe in all this "callsign" and "rank" crap. If that's what you're into, then that's what you're into. Will I take it seriously? No. If if "Gunnery Sergeant Uberbadassdeathsniper" walks by, I'm suppressing a smirk. If you have an SF or Ranger tab sewn on your arm or stuck on your velco, I'm doing a mental eye-roll.

I'm all about the emulation of the common foot soldier. There are enough kids running around playing the role of Spetznaz, Navy SEALs, Green Berets, contractors, mercenaries or just plain "what the hell?". I'll be the guy who stands out by emulating my "brothers in arms" (trying not to sound cliche) by just being the Cavalry Scout that I am on the field.

All that aside, I'm here to have a good time, as are we all. Can't wait to get to a game, meet you guys, see what the fields are like, get some kills, stop some BBs and look forward to it again next week. Hooah.

You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Re: MILSIM

Postby -EAF- » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Looks like your true MILSIM. 8)
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet