[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Net, this is PMO Gordo, over. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Net, this is PMO Gordo, over.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Net, this is PMO Gordo, over.

Postby PMO Gordo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 pm

My call sign is PMO Gordo, which is short of Preventive Medicine Officer Gordon. I served in Taiwanese Army in 2005-06 as PMO in Matzu Field Hospital () (unfortunately, I'm not in the video). I guess it's fate that when I came to Pittsburgh to study Sports Medicine. My lab, Neuromuscular Research Lab (), started a series of injury prevention and performance enhancement with the US military. During the study period, I got interested in the effect of load carriage on battle field performance, and I wanted to get a feel of what it's like. I also fell in love with rifle marksmanship during my military service, but Taiwan outlaws private firearm ownership, so I can't do it anymore after I left the service. I've been yearning to hold a rifle again ever since. Due to these reasons, I started to play Airsoft in 2009, and thanks to the kind gentlemen and abundant information on Western Pennsylvania Airsoft Forum, the learning process was rather smooth.

Since 2009, I've been to large OP such as Outbreak 3, AirsoftCon, Climb to Glory, Cold Steel 2, Northern Light, as well as numerous open-plays near Pittsburgh. I must say, the death-match type of games lose their appeals very soon. I began reading Army field manuals and attending as many tactical workshops I could find, and I found out the real fun of playing Airsoft is working with people to accomplish an objective using military tactics and techniques. Alas, I couldn't do that without a team. Fortunately, Selective Assault Force (SAF) invited me join their team in 2010.

During the limited time running with SAF, I've conducted a training camp based on a training guide I put together: "Basic Airsoft Training Handbook" (). Here are some footage I took with my helmet cam: . I am not satisfied with the training program, specifically how the force-on-force training being carried out. So, I'm eager to attend more training events to see how people run them.

I just moved to Ft Campbell to assist with my lab's research project with the 101st about two weeks ago. I look forward to continue playing Airsoft here and meet new people.

PMO Gordo, out.

PMO Gordo

Return to Introductions