G&P R500 Tac Light Throw-Lever mount install

All about guns, inside and out. Stock and customize.

Moderators: Skidude, Sniper

G&P R500 Tac Light Throw-Lever mount install

Postby prometheus » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:35 pm

This is a guide for putting a quick release throw-lever mount onto a G&P Scorpion Series R500 RAS Tactical Light.

The tac light comes with a rail mount that is tightened via two knobs. This is fine, but for a quick install, you want a throw-lever. I have been using this scope riser mount for a Doctor type red dot, but while removing the sight from the throw-lever mount to install onto a WE-Tech Dragon, I noticed that the riser mount had a similar hole pattern to what I had seen on the tac light. Except on the tac light they were unused.

The throw-lever scope riser is a G&P as well, I do not know how extensive the compatibility is between different G&P products, but this worked out very nicely.

Here in step one you want to remove the 3 screws holding the mount onto the tac light, as well as the 2 holding the rail onto the throw-lever mount.

remove the rail mount

remove the rail

now using the 2 screws from the throw-lever mount, attach the throw-lever to the tac light.

The problems not getting the politicians out of war, its getting the war out of the politicians.
prometheus

Return to Armorer