[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New Field Under Construction... Ideas? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New Field Under Construction... Ideas?

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Nashville, TN area.

Moderators: clinkman, Buddha

New Field Under Construction... Ideas?

Postby Bayonet777 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Hey Guys, Archangel here from Gothic Serpents Airsoft,

we've recently started developing a field in the Franklin/ Liepers Fork Area. Its about 60 Acres of DENSE Woodland and there is also a large flat wheat field divided by a creek. All of which has been given the GO Code to be developed. Just wondering, what would you guys like to see in a field and what should we build on this land.

Thanks

C/MAJ Kevin Hardy

Gothic Serpents Airsoft

Call Sign ARCHANGEL

FHS JROTC Hoo-Ah

add me on facebook Kevin Hardy
Bayonet777

Re: New Field Under Construction... Ideas?

Postby donlentz83 » Fri May 14, 2010 7:49 pm

here's what you could do, do like BK did let players come out a build what they want you just put up some restrictions on what they can duils like shape size, and where to put it.
donlentz83

Postby Seth T. » Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm

I think it would be good with just a few scattered outposts, and maybe one or two large compounds. Put in little bunker-type things in the woods (Dig it out, put logs on at least the front side) in strategic places. And add a few trails around the field so it's not so hard to navigate. I like donlentz' idea too though.
Seth T.

Postby liljokr » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 am

Maybe have 2 decent size compounds on either side for capture the flag and a compound/outpost in the center for king the hill. Just my 2cents lol. Could run all kinds of different scenarios with a layout like that.
liljokr

Postby zbear » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:18 am

Cool a field closer to me, I live in Spring Hill.
Just remeber whatever you build make it strong enough for people to use and abuse during a game.
-A couple of compounds would be good
-Maybe an Airsrtip with crashed wrecked airplanes
-Maybe a bridge over the creek depending on how how big it is would be a good objective and a choke point.
remember you can start with a few structures and add more as time goes on
zbear

Postby airsoftn00b » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:15 am

It would be really nice to have a field closer to me! I like Bad Karma but it's just so far away for me. I like the idea of letting fellow airsofters come out and help because it'll mean the fields open quicker. One question though. What will your age limits be? I'm 14 but I'm not a n00b like my name says. If you decide to let people help build it just pm me and I can get several people out there to help!
" Smurf" Leader of Paragon Airsoft
KWA M4 Custom (x2)
KWA MP7
CYMA AK105
Echo 1 G3
UTG Tri-Shot
Several pistols..
airsoftn00b

Postby Communist Ostrich » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:00 pm

It would be a really unique field if you could build on each side of the creek some buildings and divide them up with some street kind of thing, so that it is layed out like a city with blocks in it. Then you could connect the two side with a bridge that could be a important strategic point. Depending on the funding of this field this idea could be impossible, but it is just an idea. One very important thing is to make a respawn on each side of the field for only a certain team. This would eliminate the awkward "two teams in one respawn and as soon as one gets out the other one shoots them" that happens at bad karma.
Communist Ostrich

Postby shortfuze » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:24 pm

my opinion with this is that there should be 2 big HQ's with about 4 FOB's (forward operating base) then skatter out about 4-6 small listening outposts. then in the middle of it all have a small village, the main objective for eitherside. or you can have it as a gurrelas vs conventional that idea being have a large village with about 2 FOB's and 3 listening posts with one big base for the conventional group.
shortfuze

Postby Smartkid312 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 pm

This is my opinion, you should take the large field and put two medium/small sized bases on the edges of the field. Then you need to put small points of cover three feet high walls, barrels, and other small structures throughout the field. Then you put random buildings throughout the woods. Have a few main buildings that serve as bases. Then if there are any other open pockets that are across from each other like the old and new compounds at Bad Karma make them very large bases and strategic points in the map. Also make many trails throughout the woods and the field and have signs that signify where buildings are. Another thing you might want to add is a bathroom. One last thing is that you need to put a bridge across the creek and also leave a few open spots in the tree line so snipers(trust me im not a sniper) can snipe and people can attack bases not just head on they can also flank around, but make sure to populate the forest with some buildings but not too many. Finally trenches would also be a cool idea but I really don't care if you do or don't but other people may have different ideas.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby SCARmaker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:47 pm

forts along the river with trenches and gunners out posts along with and multiple bridges! and a hela pad. idk why but i think it would be cool. also like not underground huts but like little blinds built into the ground!
SCARmaker

Postby Smartkid312 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:11 pm

I have another idea. In the exposed are you need to make a mid to close quarters area with a lot of buildings and also some natural cover. Then you could use the woods as another completely area for battle and you could interchange for different game types you prefer. :shock:
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby AirsoftGunz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Where exactly in Franklin/Leipers Fork? Address? Somewhere close to "the fork" or Grace Chapel?
AirsoftGunz

Postby redneckemt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Guys I think this idea is dead in the water.

Look at the date the topic was started.

And seeing as how the person that started the thread hasn't logged in sence Nov....
redneckemt

Postby Seth T. » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:32 pm

There were two threads for this at the time it was posted, one here and one in general. It was posted in the other thread that GS decided to turn this into a private training field.
Seth T.

Return to Nashville, TN