Multi team movement

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Multi team movement

Postby coyote » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:11 pm

In St Louis We call this an MTT.. Multi Team Thingy. :D

Players will be divided into teams of 3-5 players. You will be given a starting point & an objective. If you take any casualties, your whole team will move together to the nearest respawn point. Respawns will be 3 minutes. Any Medic ropes maybe re tied while at respawn as well. If the respawn point takes fire, living memebers may either engage the enemy or you must break contact & move to the next respawn point. Either way, No man is left behind.

Once you reach your objective, you will call in via the admin channel with the message that is at your objective. Once this is done, you may choose to return to the parking lot or proceed to attack other units. Game will end when only one team is left to reach its objective.

This is a good game because it does not matter who wears what because you only have to know what the other 2 to 4 players on your team are wearing. You end up getting alot of trigger time each game because you are always running into somebody.

When setting this up, it is important to make sure teams have a equal distance to go. basicly get everyone crossing in the middle of the feild. Yes, it becomes a cluster F!!! but in a good way.

Now that was the story my grandfather told,
As he sat by the fire all withered and old.
"Remember," said he, "that the Irish fight well,
But the Russian artillery's hotter than Hell." - The Kerry Recruit
coyote

Re: Multi team movement

Postby countryman49 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 pm

sounds kind of fun
LEAD FOOTED & TRIGGER HAPPY

......not a good combination
countryman49

Postby zackattack » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:10 pm

I could see this working with about 50 people sounds fun.
total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby holyman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:20 pm

I definitely like the idea.

I played something similar once, but just with elimination. It turned into every team lying in wait and long waits. An objective would solve this problem though. Just make sure everyone knows the goal is to get to the objective and not just kill people.

An idea that just struck me: making this thing an orienteering course so you have to search for your objective, while under fire, would be interesting. GPS's would be ideal, but I don't know how many of those we can get our hands on. Even just a compass and map with a couple of way points would be interesting. Maybe even throw in a team whose objective is just to harass everyone else. All of this depends on having people who know how to use a compass and map though.

I definitely like the idea of your entire team having to go to the respawn point. It makes taking a casualty a serious problem instead of just a gun being down. If you want to make it ridiculous make them carry the person to the respawn, or at least have them be unable to move without a team mate touching them with both hands. That might just be a little too hardcore to be feasible though.

I'm just throwing out unfiltered ideas, so please don't crucify me.
holyman

Postby DMSummerhill » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:51 pm

I like it!
DMSummerhill

Return to Scenarios