we were soldiers

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

we were soldiers

Postby countryman49 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:14 am

if you havent seen the movie, go watch it.

There would be two teams (obviously) americans & vietmaneese. It would have to be in a field, where there is an open space in the center, with defenseable positions on all (or most) sides. Depending on amount of people vietmaneese will outnumber americans (possibly 2 to 1). Americans have limited ammo, but will be resuplied regularly. Vietmaneese will have unlimited ammo. Im not sure what to do about respawn times, but americans would be when they are resuplied. Maybe vietmaneese respawn faster? Resuply to americans would be every 15 min(was thinking 30 min, like the movie, but i dont think anyone wants to wait that long to get back in the game). Americans may take ammo from thier dead commrads. Pick one commander before the game (or a few, so it wont be one person deciding) who can call broken arrow once when being over run (since we cant have bombs droping to take out the enemy, i figure broken arrow could be immiediet resuply and respawn). If the game lasts into the night, no more resuply, however a bigger resuply would be givin for the last resuply (americans better be picking their targets!), however since nobody would want to be out the entire night, respawns would continue regularly. At a predetermined time in the morning (if the game is still going) there will be no more respawns. Last team with someone standing wins.

suggestions? things i missed??

LEAD FOOTED & TRIGGER HAPPY

......not a good combination
countryman49

Re: we were soldiers

Postby Cpt.Fink » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:21 am

I would definitly go to that. i would be american of course. would we have to use vietnam era guns?
Cpt.Fink

Return to Scenarios