Musically Influenced

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Musically Influenced

Postby Octo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:52 am

I teach dance. This is based on an exercise I would make some of my students perform.

The operation is standard elimination between two teams. You (the administrator of such game) choose a song, perhaps cinema-inspired or whatever the hell you want. You tell the teams how long they have to eliminate each other based on how long the song is (ex. a 4:38 song equals a 4:38 game). If there are still people left standing at the end of the song, the team with the most number of survivors is the victor. The song itself sets the atmosphere of the environment and the pace at which the game is played. For anyone who has longed for a cinematic experience and not seen combat, this will be entertaining and teach you about pacing. For my fellow soldiers (whether or not you have seen action), sometimes performing drills with an mp3 player is a way of controlling stress in the field and establishing a natural rhythm with your motions, as well as increasing the bond you have with your teammates.

This would obviously require some kind of speaker set-up at whatever location this would be used at. If this ever happens, it will probably be indoors.

Regards,
Octo

Ang hindi lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makakarating sa paroroonan. Maala-ala mon ang pangalan ko.
Octo

Re: Musically Influenced

Postby BravoLion1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:02 pm

I had something to add on to this just something i was thinking of, what if you had a boombox or Mp3 with external speakers set up in a building or a location that one team had to defend and the other had to assualt the building or location and turn off the music before the songs over still useing the basic concept you thought up just tweeked a little.
BravoLion1

Postby Supply Chief » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:25 am

I've seen it done were one groups defends while listening to a song while the other attacks. I've also seen where one group has to infilrate a spot then play the song in order to capture the area. Basically they take the boom box/mp3 player to the objective while trying to avoid the attackers. once on sight play the song and defend. To make things interesting you could always change the length of the song, that way it keeps people guessing.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby USBWL » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:38 am

This sounds pretty neat, actually..
*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle