[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Warhammer 40k Airsoft Scenario Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Warhammer 40k Airsoft Scenario

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Warhammer 40k Airsoft Scenario

Postby ProfessorCrow » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Hey Airsofters. Heres the good ole 40k scenario we've been talking about for awhile. The main post has been edited to include new information.
Suggestions and critique are more than welcome.

Original Concepts:
-Strong MELEE combat focus
-Keeps things “In check” to stay friendly and fun for the general Airsofter
-40k Factions excluding elaborate monsters and nonhumoids. EX: Eldar, Tau, and Necrons are possible factions. Tyranid and daemons are not.
-Factions having strengths and weaknesses. Abilities unique to their faction, as well as areas of war they aren’t so hot in.
-Dawn of War style “Strategic Point” based gameplay

Of course, this will be a difficult and hard to implement concept into Airsoft gameplay. Sure, there is the occasional stealthy knife-kill, but full on melee combat beside gunplay is next to unheard of. Not so in the world of 40k.
Melee weapons in this scenario, as to keep away the LARP vibe we’re so barely avoiding here, will not be large or elaborate. Rubber/plastic knives, hatchets, and swords are mainly what we’re looking at. NO dangerous (such as wooden, or heavy) or REAL weapons.
First off, each army at a 40k game will be separated into squads (Of 5, 10, doesn’t matter.)
Most squads will be
RANGED SQUADS
-All weapons permitted, Airsoft and melee weapons.
-Can be killed by both BB hit and melee hit.

And then there are
MELEE SQUADS
-The only airsoft weapons allowed are small arms. Pistols, SMGs(AEPs, not AEGs), and Shotguns.
-MUST Carry a melee weapon.
-Can only be killed by MELEE weapons or calling themselves out from PAIN.

If a RS (Ranged Squad) or IS (Infiltration Squad) sees a MS (Melee Squad) approaching, they can do one of two things.
Hold their ground and see if they can get every hostile out from an onslaught of painful BBs, or face them in melee combat.

INFILTRATION SQUADS
-Half the size of a RS/MS
-All members must be carrying a Sniper Rifle / Semi Only AEG
-Can carry melee weapon
-One member of the squad can use a full auto AEG
-Can not capture Objective Points (explained later)

At the beginning of the game, on a normal sized field, each of the Factions IS's have five minutes to enter the field and set up positions. They can not take objective points , and they cannot attack other IS's that they come in contact with until the game has started (By airhorn/whatever) and the main forces enter the field from their staging areas.

MELEE COMBAT RULES:
-Melee weapons have strict rule sets:
1. Foam Weapons are recommended and can be used in any way in accordance to the rules below
2. Rubber / plastic weapons have to be checked with the refs, and will be taped if allowed, we will be checking weapons
3. Rubber/plastic weapons can not be used to stab
-No physical contact between either two of the combatants BODIES. Only weapons may touch.
-The two combatants will face eachother, nod or give some sign of challenge, and engage eachother, no one can interrupt two combatants fight. Besides, they’re probably engaged themselves. The only exception to this is the “Helpless” rule.
-The combatants will actually use their weapons on eachother, SLOWLY. No swinging rapidly or hard. The first combatant to connect their weapon to the enemies’ torso is the victor, and the enemy is dead. Hits to a limb do not count and blows to the head are not allowed.
-Airsoft guns (Unless Bayoneted) cannot be used to eliminate someone in Melee, and there will be MEDs in use. However, Airsoft guns can be used to block every attack to the defenders torso. The defender is then considered “Helpless” and an ally with a melee weapon can engage the attacker for him, should he block all attacks and survive.

Of course, I can’t expect all the players that attend these games to be familiar with or even aware of the 40k world. I’m not asking that anyone get any costumes, or shout out warcries based on their faction. I’m going to try to make this as broad and Badass as I can, so the jocks can appreciate the wonderful and wartorn world of 40k as much as we nerds can.

As of now, I’ve put in the two easiest-to-implement races. Here are their strengths and weaknesses.

The Imperial Guard -
Humans, large in number and spirit. Each imperial soldier is somewhat trained and armed, but their strength comes from their incredible leaders.
Strength – Team Captains are assigned to each squad; these men are the Commissars, fearless backbone of the Imperial Guard. Commissars can only die one of two ways, and can use any weapon.
-Getting hit with a BB AFTER his entire squad dies.
-Getting killed in melee combat
Obviously, these men will be very effective in battle, using any weapon while being unable to be killed at range while his squad is alive.
Weakness - Can fire semi-auto only! That’s right. The Imperial soldier is poorly armed with Las weapons. SAWs are an exception, but there can only be one per squad. (likely to change considering squad size.)

The Chaos Heretics –
Humans, torn from sanity and peace to the daemonic ways of Chaos, Heretics were once citizens of the Imperium of man, but no longer.
Strength - The Chaos god’s gift to those fallen in battle, dead Chaos players can be revived immediately if they meet up with a squad while “dead” (heading to respawn with Death Rag visible)
Weakness - The Melee Squads of Chaos have completely lost their mind and can only think of ripping the enemy limb from limb! Melee squads cannot carry any ranged weapons.

In the video game Dawn of War (Or DoW for short) the forces of the various factions in 40k battle over Strategic Points to gather precious resources. The gameplay of the 40k scenario will be persistent, meaning the game never stops, but there is only one objective. Take and hold the Strategic Points throughout the battlefield.
The game starts with the two armies on each end of the field, while there are several neutral strategic points all around the field between them. The armies have to quickly capture these points and hold them, trying to take more while still defending their own.
SPs will be poles sticking out of the ground, and the team will have to tie a number of strings (colored to their faction) to the pole. The point is now theirs.
For an enemy to capture it, they must eliminate any of the defenders guarding the point, untie the strings, and tie their own.
Every hour (or any length of time, really) the refs will check how many SP’s each side has, and tally them up. At the end of the game, whichever team has taken and held the most SPs wins.
It will be impossible for one team to conquer every SP on the field, as each sides HQ is also considered a SP, but it cannot be captured.

RESPAWN RULES:

Players that are hit, call out and put on their death rag, they then proceed to your teams staging area and wait.
-SQUADS CAN ONLY SPAWN AT ONCE, this means you can not reach your factions Staging Area and then move out by yourself
-Squads low on numbers can retreat to their Staging area and pick up their dead men to re bolster their ranks.
-Medic Rules are not concrete right now.

---------

Discuss! Advise! Comment!

-Crow

Last edited by ProfessorCrow on Sun May 09, 2010 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Re: Warhammer 40k Airsoft Scenario

Postby zbear » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Sounds interesting but the melee could cause problems.
I have seen people almost get into a fistfight about calling hits, adding sowrds or clubs can only create an atmosphere where some one thinks that got hit too hard or they hit some else first and they resort to real blows.
zbear

Postby ProfessorCrow » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 pm

You're right. That's why I want to push it on people that the melee is not full contact, it's slow and light hearted while still being important and intense.

No way I can drop the melee, however. It's too crucial to keeping the 40k vibe.

However, suggestions to alter or change the melee system are definitely appreciated.

-Crow
ProfessorCrow

Postby SEANjohn37683 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm

it would be too hilariously awesome if you could pull it off, my two favorite hobbies in one, but yeah, ppl get pissy about calling hits and whatnot as is, so, could take some sideways thinking, but definitely an awesome and fun idea man
I aim to misbehave, now who's with me
SEANjohn37683

Postby vulrath » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 am

I only have one question: Can I carry a chainsaw-sword?
vulrath

Postby ProfessorCrow » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 am

ProfessorCrow

Postby vulrath » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 am

Then I'm totally in.
vulrath

Postby zackattack » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 pm

I havent got to play warhammer 40k yet but this sounds fun I,d play :D
total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby ProfessorCrow » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm

ProfessorCrow

Postby zackattack » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:41 pm

I,ve seen it an thought about getting it but never did I might have to now.
total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby xghostmakerx » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:22 am

i love airsoft and I love warhammer 40k but an airsoft warhammer 40k scenario = major fail. Sorry
xghostmakerx

Postby ProfessorCrow » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 pm

ProfessorCrow

Postby SEANjohn37683 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:49 pm

So now I'm gonna have to get a crappy( cheap) gun and make a bolter, but I'm avoiding the oversized shoulderpads
I aim to misbehave, now who's with me
SEANjohn37683

Postby ProfessorCrow » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 pm

ProfessorCrow

Postby Sigmarius » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:28 pm

"Our Emperor, who art on Terra, hallowed be thy name.
Thy Imperium come, thy Will be done, on Terra as it is on Macragge.
Give us this day our bolt rations, and forgive us our trespasses
as we slaughter those who have trespassed against you."

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Next

Return to Scenarios