[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Battlefield: Church Hill Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Battlefield: Church Hill

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Battlefield: Church Hill

Postby Richard_Strahl » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Ok, so I've been playing around with this idea a bit in my head today.
2 teams of 20ish players start on opposite ends of Church Hill [Or any massive area], and march their way via backroads to a central skirmish site. They march towards it for the entire day, leading up to the main battle. However, certain units of each team [3-4 people] could be transported via car to certain points on the opposing teams route to set up "ambushes" and other strategic attacks. Scouts could be sent to track enemy advancement and prepare for the final firefight.
The idea would be that one team is having a supply drop at the specified feild at a certain time. That team must then fight their way out/back to a "safe zone" to secure the drop. If the team does that, they win. If not, they loose.
Respawns would need working, but no one would be permenatly out untill they are killed in the final skirmish.
Cell phones [for use in the game] and cars are permissable, but only to specified personel for specified purposes.
Of corse, "drive bys" would NOT be allowed.
Also, we could not go into people's yards and other types of privite property. The final skirmish would be on property that we have permission be play on, not just some random spot.
I'm THINKING that if our guns were marked orange, stayed out of city limits, and we stayed on the road/side of the road and stayed off of privite property [tresspassing], we should be in the legal green.

There are still a bunch of issues, I know, but that's why I'm posting here. It sounds so extremely fun, but I have to make sure all the legalistics are worked out.
Thoughts?

Section 8 Lutinent Romulus- Assault Rifleman

Image Image
Richard_Strahl

Re: Battlefield: Church Hill

Postby Seth T. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Are you high? I mean marching all over the place with airsoft guns and gear? This is probably the most fail post I've seen in a while. I don't even have to go into to all the reasons this is a horrible idea. You would never get permission from the county, people would be calling the cops, and plenty of other reasons. Airsoft should only be played on private property.
Seth T.

Postby Richard_Strahl » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:27 pm

Nice advice comming from a kid.
Besides, if we were just walking, we wouldn't be breaking any laws.
We could set up the ambushs on privite property, but as far as marching goes, it's conpletely legal as long as we don't fire any rounds.

Anyone else? Maybe someone old enough to have an educated opinion?

Image Image
Richard_Strahl

Postby Seth T. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:44 pm

:roll: But what happens when the cops get a call from some old lady that says there are a bunch of guys walking around with guns and camouflage? It's just not smart, and I'll promise you that any other member on this forum will agree with me. It's a nice idea, but in no way plausible.
Seth T.

Postby Richard_Strahl » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 pm

I see where you're comming from, and the cops would pose as an irritance. Interruping gameplay if they were to ask us anything...
But if we're not breaking any laws, what can they do? Basicly, we'd just be walking from point A to B, from privite fight are to privite fight area :P

See, THIS is why I post here. To work the buggs out, haha.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the laws, but isn't an orange tip all that's required to transport in public? A case, maybe, but nothing we can't deal with.

Image Image
Richard_Strahl

Postby Supersixtwo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:56 pm

To the best of my knowlage brandishing a airsoft gun in public IS ILLEGAL. Added to this cops are really weary of airsoft guns. You should always treat your airsoft gun as if it were real.
Supersixtwo

Postby Richard_Strahl » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Hmm... does anyone know the laws for them 100%? One of my friends used to be a cop, but I haven't seen him in years or I'd ask him...
I've head laws as lax as just not being able to fire in public, and some as strict as not even being able to own them. Although the latter is obviously false :P

IF this could be pulled off legally, who all would be interested?

Image Image
Richard_Strahl

Postby Rogue Element » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:00 am

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby Richard_Strahl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Ok ok ok, so I suppose the general concensus is that it's a bad idea. Trigger-happy rednecks ARE very plentiful here...

BUT, you had to admit it would be pretty badass fun to play in an area so massive, that you'd have to use real transport just to spread troops :wink:

Church Hill is scrapped, but is there such a place? :|

Image Image
Richard_Strahl

Postby Rogue Element » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 pm

The best place I've seen is Fort Ord in Monterey Bay, California. It's a largely abandoned former military base. It is often used as a car test area for the "Mythbusters" on the Discovery Channel - the ghost town suburban neighborhood they use for car-based experiments. Like something out of the "Wolverines" segment of COD: Modern Warfare 2, many recreational combat sports (airsoft/paintball) and well as LE and Military elements use the the area for skirmishes, MilSim, and training.

To my knowledge, there is nothing like that in Tennessee, although I have heard some things about the "Secret City" skirmish site in Oak Ridge, TN. There are some abandoned former public housing sites in Memphis that have some potential. In the meantime, I encourage you to support your local established AirSoft skirmish field with your participation/patronage.
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby Richard_Strahl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 am

Ah, fair enough.
Topic Closed

Image Image
Richard_Strahl

Postby Oven Gnome » Sat May 29, 2010 12:53 pm

This idea sounds great, and could be used for HUGE games such as Irene or something. Bigger teams though. And that "Secret City" field, not nearly big enough to hold this game. Nowhere near! But it is a great field 8)
Oven Gnome

Postby reloaded recon4 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:53 pm

PPN wouldnt be so bad its pretty much country lanes for miles over there.I'm not the brightest lightbulb in the box but I think it might work if we were to tell the neighbors in the surrounding areas that we'd be there with airsoft guns and not real guns.Maybe by posting signs talking to the people,etc..I do think its risky but this would be one hell of a game.
reloaded recon4

Postby -EAF- » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby oneliferemaining » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:15 pm

In my opinion it would be fun to do as long as there was a big sum of players to play (say around 100 players so u have enough people to walk the path to the last battle and to plan ambushes). The only down side to your idea is where are we going to get a decent amount of land to play and host the game. If you could work past that con then this game could be a great game to play. Also before i forget make the game shorter becouse no one wants to walk a path for 10+ hours lol :D
oneliferemaining

Next

Return to Scenarios