Special Ops mission

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Special Ops mission

Postby grant.94 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 pm

I think it would be cool to play a game along the same lines as special ops mission. One operator, several enemies, some more spread out than others, with the lone operator completing objectives with the opposing force trying to stop him. I'd say 5-6 on the opposing force. playing in large buildings would be a plus too)

"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Re: Special Ops mission

Postby the_stange » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:03 pm

It seems to me for this to really work- the operator would have to have several things going for him
1) The opposing force having no clue what he's after-or where exactly he'll be coming from.
2)The opposing force having some members held to a certain patrol-predictability is an operator's best friend- think metal gear solid if you've ever played it-Snake's only chance is kill guards as they patrol- when you sound the alarm and the guards move erratically you're dead.
3) The operator being an experienced/highly skilled player would be a must.
the_stange

Postby scales » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:23 pm

My thoughts,

-trick" the opfor into thinking that they are going against an "equal" force

-and pretty much what was already said.
scales

Postby Shade » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Ya, this is a favorite with my team. The single man won't be armed well, like a Knife and a pistol, and he will have to take an objective and make it to the extraction point. We normally use a phone as the objective, and have it a couple hundred yards through thick woods to the extraction. It really helps the individual take advantage of all of his assets, especially cover.
TM P90
CA G36k
KWA M9
Midcap user
Raven
Shade

Return to Scenarios