[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Flag Wars Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Flag Wars

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Flag Wars

Postby Delta » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 am

Ok so before I go about the rules of this game (It's simple and may have been done before) I'm going to tell you about the
equipment. While I'm at work (and with no school work to be done here) I rack my brain about random diffrent things. And
one of them happens to be airsoft. I wanted to have something as fun, simple and classic as capture the flag, but with the
fun of defending and attacking, but without the whole "hey let's take turns thing". I like Scenarios, but at heart airsoft
brings out and reminds me of simpler times. So now that all that usless information is out of the way, lets start to learn
about a new game type by Delta called "Flag Wars"

Equipment:

2 flags (I'd suggest full size huge 6.5' flags are fabric...)
Colors (for fun) green vs. tan
the flag staffs need to be pointed at the ends
there need to be two flag holders for each teams, each holder has 2 spots for two flags
there needs to be an egg timer attached to each team's flag

Rules:
(insert local field rules here about engagement distances,fps...whatever)
Each team starts out with a flag on their side. When a team captures the enemy flag they have to return it to their base,
then turn the said captured flag's timer to (insert field owner's prefrence). From there the opposing team who's flag has
been captured has however much time was specified to re-capture their flag. You cannot take both flags back. If the
opposing team does not successfully recapture their flag within the specified time the round is over and they are awarded
a point. If you are carrying the flag you are UNARMED, no shooting. If you are carrying the flag and hit you call out wave
your death rag around AND set the flags timer to whatever the field owner\everyone agrees to. From there the flag CANNOT
be moved untill the countdown is complete. Once the countdown is complete either it can be returned or captured.

I have never written any rules to any type of game, so I guess my writing is a little choppy, help me along with this,
if it's worth anything.

This isn't a "Scenario" but I guess insert story here, and if its been done.

(Slow riding, gun hidin' on the go)
Delta

Re: Flag Wars

Postby Saint » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 am

Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby Delta » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:43 pm

well...for planting it firmly in the ground...pointed-ish...but I guess for the lack of responses, good idea? Bad idea? What needs to change?

(Slow riding, gun hidin' on the go)
Delta

Postby Saint » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 am

I was just messin'. I know what it was for. But you said you would use the holder for the flags.

These type of games are kinda common knowledge, but it is always helpful to see them posted. Gives new players ideas of what games are played.
Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby floranicolas » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:23 am

Flag Wars' "as-it-is-happening" verite style captures the raw emotions and blunt honesty of unguarded moments as tensions mount between neighbors.
floranicolas

Return to Scenarios