(Work in Progress) COMPETITIVE SCENARIO PLAY!

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

(Work in Progress) COMPETITIVE SCENARIO PLAY!

Postby RandyCapp » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:21 pm

***NOTE: This is a work in progress; more details will come into play if there is some interest!!

Work in Progress:

Overview: I am looking for new ideas concerning the way airsoft matches are setup, two teams both fighting to complete an objective: basically the root of all scenarios. I think I have come up with something that if organized well, can become a very popular style of play!! I haven't done much research to see if anyone does something like this so let me in on some sources if you know of any.
I would like to make it a "Squad Event" : instead of splitting everyone into two teams, people come with the required amount of members (probably anywhere between 6-12). I plan on having roughly 20 "players" NOT ELIGABLE to compete in the event for this reason: they are involved in the scenario and play as the opponents each squad will face in order to complete their given objectives (we will call them involved players). Each squad is given the same objectives and are scored based on things such as: Players alive at end, Enemies eliminated, and time. Teams will take turns going through each "level" of the day; we will try to make sure that all involved players simulate each teams' turn THE SAME so scoring is more accurate. All involved players will know what they are to do when the participating squads come to a certain point on the map. Think of it as a video game kinda: You and your team start at Point X of the map, you are given objectives to complete and as you go through the map, computer... or the involved players.... players try to stop you. We could make it competetive with a scoring system and an overall winner at the end of the day. I think it would be fun to have maybe 5 missions per an event that vary GREATLY, so people will always be on their toes. It would also be very possible to have side games going while teams wait... if this catches on like I hope maybe we could have a TON of teams out there.

Example!!!

Let's say the first objective is for the squad to eliminate a VIP that is held up in a small city. After they eliminate the VIP and his 4-6 guards (all of these involved players) they get a call in that enemy forces are making an attack on the secured city. If the team makes it through several waves of 3-4 involved players the mission goes on. Their next task is to make it safely to the extraction zone. On the way they could encounter a ton of different things such as a sniper either out of range or at an elevated spot that the squad won't be able to get to. That way the team will need to use cover and distraction in order to get out of range of the sniper (or maybe they have a sniper of their own?!) After fighting their way to the extraction zone and maybe holding off one last wave at a well entrentched area, the mission is finally over and points are tallied.

Now, I have pondered many details for this but I don't think it will be necessary to write more if no one likes the idea. So PLEASE, give me input... let me know if you would like to hear more.

Thanks everyone!

RandyCapp

Return to Scenarios