[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Low Cap. mags as a Standard Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Low Cap. mags as a Standard

Place to share ideas on Scenarios for skirmishes.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Postby firefighter702 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:43 pm

firefighter702

Postby Tige132 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Tige132

Postby Not a Cheater » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:01 pm

I am a high speed PRO
Not a Cheater

Postby Shrederduck » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:20 pm

Shrederduck

Postby Spook » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:22 pm

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Can I Get an Amen????

Postby MASTER-CHIEF26 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:50 pm

The MK 249 mag hold 2400 rnds thats why its considered a support weapon. In my airsoft -head :lol: I feel the SUPPORT WEAPONS should have the hi-caps and only support guns. There's no need for support weapons if you got a high cap mag on an AR in my opinion.Hands down they should be the only weapon capable of pinning down the enemy for a sustained time other than the sniper rifles. The placement of those weapons in ambush spots are crucial. The assault rifles shouldn't stand a chance against the support weapons, without employing some serious tactics. We try to draw a distinction between the AR and Sniper rifles fps and rate of fire its time we move to the next level of airsoft. Drawing a line between support gunners and AR. Right now I'm almost convinced that 2/3 of the players would run out of ammo in a real life situation. 30 trigger pulls is the same on replicas and real steel, so I don't know how you guys came up with 3 to 1 LOL. During Irene one player said he got tired of reloading I wonder how many confirmed targets he hit LOL ? I wasn't there ,but it sounds like you did a little Rambo on the side. If our ARMY Ranger held of D*** near an entire city in Somalia With Standard mags why can't we. The problem is that its just a game and we know we can re-spawn. Terrorist came over here so I'm going to make sure Memphis,Tn. has someone to answer the call when its time to fight evil extremist. If you argument is accuracy too low, then that target should be engaged by a sniper. Your only supposed to shoot at what you can hit. For example don't try to shoot through brush its not a clear shoot we all know they're going to take cover if the first shot misses deflects etc...possibly return fire. I thought that if you get hit you are dead, it sounds like Spook is saying on the third hit die thats a 3:1 ratio ps saw's 12:1 not !0:1. If one real steele round will kill why doesn't it count for airsoft ? If both side comply the mis-matches will only occur in real situations. For instant Charlie company is on patrol suddenly they take enemy sniper fire on the main path. Advantage sniper he has range. Pinned down the Commanding Officer send a four man assault team to out flank the sniper. Delta was expecting this reaction based on the terrain so the had their support gunner detach with 3 Assault Riflemen and choke off any attempt to flank. Once the assault team loops around they suffer heavy casualties because they couldn't match the firepower of the support gunner combined with the burst from the 3 riflemen. now the rear gaurd can turn into an assault team and mop up the rest of Charlie Company.6-8 AR + SMG, 1-2 support gunners, and 1-2 snipers on each side with real cap mags working together and setting up cross fire lanes with controlled bursts = HI-CAPACITY MAGS
If you won't stand behind our brave soldiers at least have the courage to stand in front!
MASTER-CHIEF26

Postby Spook » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:30 pm

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Postby Beowolff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:39 pm

best i can tell/explain (and this is coming from a Vietnam-era soldier) is that due to the difference in performance in real steel vs AEG's (which are basically just advanced toys) there simply has to be "differences" in combat. real steel firing real bullets simply perform better, a LOT better...and that calls for a lot of real life tactics that just simply aren't useable while playing the "game" of airsoft. sure, basic skills and basic tactics are very similiar whether using sticks or rifles...but when using guns and in the areas of actual firing, and even in movement (because of the firing) to some degree, AEGs fall WAY short of their real steel counterparts. and that changes things. in some ways, it changes a LOT of things.

there's a lot of real life movements/tactics/manuevers that simply won't work for airsoft play. i've found this out the hard way. and that goes for shooting as well. sure, firing single shots with a real gun with it's greater range and accuracy is one thing...but doing it with an airsoft gun firing 6mm plastic BBs which can greatly be affected by even the smallest puffs of wind and are somewhat inacurrate anyway in the bargin...is something else entirely.

for myself and others that i've played with (and i'm a dead shot with most real steel weapons) i find that you usually have to put out MORE fire with the AEG than with a real gun to get the same number of hits. this may not be true with powerful spring or gas powered Sniper AS guns...but it seems true with AEGs, or at least it's true for me. that's why i have personally decided to forgo most semi-auto shots and go with three/four round bursts of full auto. this is far from Rambo-ing...yet it will use up a mag much quicker than single shots...yet at the same time it gives me a higher percentage of possible hits.

sure, you should usually only shoot what you are sure you can hit....ahhh, but then again with a real steel weapon your certainess of a hit is MUCH higher than with an AEG. many time if you DO NOT fire when you get an opening---you WILL BE TAGGED OUT within the next heartbeat. i know...the first game i played i also tried to hold fire for that perfect, open shot...and i died over and over and over again till i was sick of it. i'm not saying you shouldn't wait for a good shot...but i AM saying that within the close distances most airsoft games are played, many times you have to shoot...even if it ISN'T a perfectly clear shot.

if for no other reason than to scatter your attackers and or make them duck so they can't so easily nail YOU.

even in real war...there are times when covering fire...grazing fire, and Mad Minutes (with everything you've got) comes in VERY handy.

:wink:

Beo
Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.”
Beowolff

Postby MASTER-CHIEF26 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Thats what I want to hear. I don't think there is a forum anywhere that gives details of the airsoft experience like TNAF.com.Thanx 4 explaining the ratio calculation, makes sense. I'm going to retract one of my decisions........I'LL USE 1 HI-CAP and nine real caps. Thanks everyone for educating me on the dynamics of mil-sim that people don't mention. :shock:
If you won't stand behind our brave soldiers at least have the courage to stand in front!
MASTER-CHIEF26

Postby firefighter702 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:35 pm

firefighter702

Postby Skidude » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:44 pm

Skidude

Postby Strigol » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:55 pm

Just my two cents on the topic at hand

Personally, I use high caps, 3 of them, each 330 rnds I believe. I'd be tickled pink if i could find mid-caps, but seeing as how the CA33E doesn't have midcaps, and ships with a hicap mag I wasnt given much of an option. Then considering the low caps are almost the same price as high caps and a bit harder to find. I think I'll just stick with the high caps myself

That said, the last few times I've played at the eg field games,(I'm a bit trigger happy in my opinion) I average 1 and 1/2 to 2 mags per game. Do the high caps give me a bit of an advantage for not having to reload as often? Sure. Is it unfair? No because anyone can use high caps.

It all boils down to a matter of preference. I figure I'm going to shoot the same amount of rounds weather I have to load 10 mags or 1. So the only question is how many times I want to reload
Strigol

Postby Darkside » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Darkside

Postby Strigol » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:29 pm

Strigol

Postby TruGrit » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:04 pm

Master-Chief26,

I think we should have more mid-cap games. I've been in some skirmishes where everyone had a HiCap (not a box mag) and ran around with their trigger on the finger the whole game. Not very realistic. I did a MOUT event with Mids and it made the event MUCH more realistic. It was mugh more realistic and definitely required real control.

However, I don't think open field games could be run with Lowcaps. The point about needing more BB's to make a hit is spot on for a couple of reasons. 1) AEG's are not nearly as accurate as real steel and 2) someone might not know they're hit. This is why lowcaps aren't used that much outdoors.

My Motto? More Midcaps!
Team ARRA Member

TruGrit

PreviousNext

Return to Scenarios