Hosting games

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Hosting games

Postby 11Bravo » Mon May 10, 2010 7:47 am

Alright guys. If your going to start a pick up game or schedule game days, please be prepared for the game day.
By this, I mean to have games ready to run and have people prepared to ref. When you have games mentally prepared for the day, you'll find a little less time lost and more time running and gunning. Ref's are encouraged. When people see refs on the field their less likely to cheat. When you are a ref, if you see people cheating, talk to them about it privately before publicly embarrassing them in front of every body. If they dont comply with your warnings, ask them to leave the field. If that dosnt work and they get stupid, inform the property owner/manager and ask them to have that person removed and/or banned from future games.
In the past, I have hosted games and allowed too much down time and it will keep people from coming out to future games you organize. Keep your games as simple as you can and make sure people are listening to you while explaining the game. Rules and safety guidelines are also good to go over before and/or in between games. Keeps people informed about whats going on and they feel more involved.
Be prepared! Its your name and reputation at stake when you post and run games.
I welcome every body to host a game some time. You may find out its really not that easy to keep 30 people interested in your game and focused for game time. I spend alot of time walking around and getting people up and to a game briefing. I wish people would just step up and get back to the breifing areas on their own initiative within 15 minutes for the next game, but they dont. It is a social gathering and people get into conversations with each other and loose track of time.
Kep in mind guys, its really not easy to host games and its actually a bit stressful. Show a little self motivation at games and listen up at game briefings. If you get into a game and dont know whats going on, its your own fault.
If any of you would like to host a game or two and need any help. holler at me. I'll be glad to help in any way I can and am able to.

GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Return to Tri-Cities, TN