[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Questions for airsoft players! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Questions for airsoft players!

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Questions for airsoft players!

Postby lewisJPD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:33 pm

:?: Hello to all,

I have a few questions I would like to ask members and guests of TN Airsoft. First, currently I am an overseas security contractor and will be returning home soon. I have some plans set in motion already to do some firearms/tactics training in the Tri-Cities region and open up my own place and also currently looking for land for such project. The 2nd part of what I want to do is once everything is set and ready to go, I will have an area setup something close to a small/medium MOUT facility (buildings, vehicles, etc.) and plan to use it on the weekends for paintballers or airsoft players. I also plan to use said facility for security/law enforcement training also.

So if anyone would like to way in and answer these few questions for me I would appreciate it. I am basically looking for how much intrest would come out to the Tri Cities/SW Virgina region, to see if it would be worth doing on the weekends for something on the side and give people a place to play.

So here they are:

1) What would the average admission fee for all day access? (I would appreciate truthful honest answers on this one)
2) Do you think that Tri Cities area could use/need such a facility?
3) What would you like to see a facility offer players (certain types of buildings, bunkers, vehicles, etc)?
4) What services would you like a facility to have on site available to players (airsoft store, equipment, etc.)?
5) Is there any facilities in the Tri Cities region currently? Also if so, what is the maximum player allowed in the area?
6) Do you think having such facility would draw teams in for matches/scenario play?

Finally feel free to add any suggestions/comments on what you would like to see and have in the area that would enable you to go have fun and make you want to come back again. I cant promise that the facility will look like US Training Center or some military MOUT facility, but I have been to private and government training facilities so I have a strong idea and picture of how I want it to be and look.

Once again for anyone who takes part thanks and hopefully soon once I get back to the states Tri Cities will have a new facility for airsoft/paintball players.

Thanks in advance to all

lewisJPD

Re: Questions for airsoft players!

Postby 11Bravo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:42 pm

GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Postby drtsniper » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:51 pm

i agree with bravo. the area is in need of such place. i love the idea of MOUT and having a city. something i would love to try is cqb. and i believe the area would respond very well to having such a place to play.
green giants airsoft
19th Tennessee Infantry Regiment

i am a quiet professional, what are you?
Do you have what it takes to be the meanest, badest in God's whole kingdom?
semper fi til i die
drtsniper

Postby LeftyFlip » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:59 pm

I agree that having at least one building large enough for indoor firefights would be fantastic. Also having multiple story buildings completely changes the feel of games, so that would be fantastic.
Back after a long break
LeftyFlip

Postby lewisJPD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks to the guys so far with the input. Saint got ya appreciate it. Also I will be looking in the Washington County area for the land and set up, I feel since washington borders sullivan, carter, greene and unicoi it will be a good spot. I will be shooting for 5-6 acres maybe more have to look at it.

Anyone reading this and not replied yet feel free to chip in with the idea's
lewisJPD

Postby trevorst » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Keep in mind if in Washington CO. would most def have to be outside of city limits due to legalities, so no abandoned warehouses etc...

I think another field or two would be a great idea.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Saint » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby Devildog » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:43 pm

You've got a creative hardworking laborer right here. Sounds freaking amazing.
Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Postby RCPD S.T.A.R.S » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:26 am

1) What would the average admission fee for all day access? anwser:$10-$15
2) Do you think that Tri Cities area could use/need such a facility? anwser:Definately Yes!
3) What would you like to see a facility offer players (certain types of buildings, bunkers, vehicles, etc)? anwser: Urban feild with buildings and vehicles, such as like an like humvess/pick up trucks
4) What services would you like a facility to have on site available to players? anwser: .bbs, green gas, etc (aka a basic shop setup)
5) Is there any facilities in the Tri Cities region currently? Also if so, what is the maximum player allowed in the area? anwser: yea we have TAS in blountville, and Secret city in knoxville(1hour and 30mins away!)
6) Do you think having such facility would draw teams in for matches/scenario play? anwser: my guys would be there!!
Last edited by RCPD S.T.A.R.S on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.T.A.R.S LEADER
Blackwater 2.0 PMC Milsim Leader

APS U.A.R
Cybergun Desert Eagle
KWC Smith & Wesson mp40

....in the mist of silence an the shadows of night is when the trigger was pulled.....
RCPD S.T.A.R.S
AirsoftVet

Postby Itsuko » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

So far, the Tri-Cities has no major airsoft store, so you'd get plenty of business opening a full-blown one yourself.
So say we all.
Itsuko

Postby The gingerbread man » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:54 pm

"E pluribus unum"
FTR
_____.;"""""""";.
___.:;I`o``o``I;:.
___u`I```O```I`u
_____I_______I
_____u u u u u
The gingerbread man

Postby 11Bravo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:55 pm

For airsoft the three rules are, property property property. Airsoft is a mil=sim kind of game. Paint-soft games on smaller fields are fun, but for mil-sim style gaming, you need to be able to move about and deploy. Without the opposing team watching your every move. Deploy in squads, set ambushes, send out recon teams, search and destroy missions, etc.
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Postby venom » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:42 pm

I agree with Bravo! We need a place that has plenty of playing area with lots of cover for re-con missions and seek and destroy. The concession stand, pro-shop and restrooms would be great also. Hope to see this all come about and thank you.
I AM WHAT I AM
venom

Postby sargcj » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:43 am

If things work good for me I can hold a place for a shop/concession stand to some extent. So that can be later in the plans. Just look for my post I'll link to below... I'm currently running "trials" since I have extremely limited money and the chances of me getting any loans are probably extremely slim... Start small and build an empire! I agree though a good sized if not large place to play would be awesome... Recon and real use of sniper teams, etc... at TAS you can't make much use of a Ghillie suit as you could in a large game area... Let some grass grow ankle high or whatever. Not to mention the big firefights more milsim that a lot of people seem to desire...

Best of luck to ya, a place like this would be awesome in so many ways and on so many levels... :D

Link to my trial post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21260
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Return to Tri-Cities, TN