[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - 18 and older only games at TAS? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

18 and older only games at TAS?

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Re: 18 and older only games at TAS?

Postby The gingerbread man » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:41 am

"E pluribus unum"
FTR
_____.;"""""""";.
___.:;I`o``o``I;:.
___u`I```O```I`u
_____I_______I
_____u u u u u
The gingerbread man

Postby bigrik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 am

bigrik

Postby S.E.R.E. » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:18 am

Wes, your statement was a spot on correct analysis.
S.E.R.E.

Postby JT_MCLOVIN » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»
JT_MCLOVIN
AirsoftVet

Postby Sniper Man » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

I can see why some people can want just a 18 cus little kids complaining about the games and other stuff but TAS WES would make less money if he put it +18 and over. what if we did a +14 or +15
KWA M4A1
Sniper Man

Postby sargcj » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby S.E.R.E. » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:34 pm

That sounds like a good idea sargcj.
Have one game 18 and over, one game for under 18 and one game for everyone each month.

The only thing I could see wrong with that would be Ref coverage. Ref's need to make all games which can be rough at three games a month. But that problem could probubly be resolved with a little creative thought.
S.E.R.E.

Postby Irishman » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:36 pm

When I go to TAS I go there because I want to.Not because I'm some bratty little kid and im being dropped off at 'daycare'.I can understand how annoying little kids can be,trust me I have a little brother to deal with.But just because I come to games and im younger doesn't mean I'm at daycare and I'm a pain to deal with.Their are some exceptions but most of us are just having fun and I don't like how bigrik and some of you older guys look down on us because of age difference.Hell if you apply the rule then less then half the younger teens won't come back out EVER.Then 20 years from now their will be no airsoft in the area.That's just how I think about it.but if y'all wanna host an older game every once in a while then go ahead.
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby SPARKDOGG » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Thanks for getting back on topic.

I am trying to resolve all the issues I can, mud slinging and disrespect ARE not going to resolve anything. Please ignore any ill posts, if you dont responed then they will stop.

Right now I belive that there are 2 games a month, 1 game could be a normal game day like always (all ages). The other date will be 18 plus, UNLESS you come with a sponsored player 18 or up.

To explain: If you are under 18, you will need a sponsor. A sponsor could be your dad, brother, friend, team mate (perferably team leader), recruiting team mate or leader, etc. This sponsor need to be 18plus, be playing, or reffing or helping reffing, must be responceable for there under age counter part and know things like alergys, meds, etc. This will be verified at the pro shop when you pay. If the minor repeatedly get notice breaking airsoft game rules, the sponsor, minor and field staff will discuss it. If the minor breaks any field rule (ie: fighting, drugs, etc) BOTH the minor and the sponsor will be asked to leave, And there return will be on a case by case with Wes.

Remeber this is just a discussion, THESE CHANGES HAVE NOT GONE INTO AFFECT. I am just putting out my thoughts on how this could work and better our community.

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby Nognitsy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 am

I find that while certain kids do something unbelievably dumb like every game, almost all the serious stuff like violence/threats of, broken laws, and longstanding personal grudges seem to come from (chronologically) adults.
Hit calling is an exception but frankly those that seem to "not feel it" the most tend to be 16-25 in my experience. With a few exceptions, everyone else is either too young and emotionally soft to lie confidently under stress about it, and the older guys tend not to feel like they have anything to prove by not calling hits. At least that's what I've seen. I really think the age limit concept in this community is a fairly ineffectual patch motivated by personal issues between specific people rather than an honest fix to a clearly identified problem.
http://www.totmma.com

Solve Every Problem
Nognitsy

Postby SPARKDOGG » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:31 am

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby TankScout » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:24 am

Conclusions based on observation, complete sentences, proper punctuation and capitalization...where do you think you are Nog? You're supposed to make gross generalizations, ad hominum attacks, and play with facts as if they were silly putty! That's what internet fora are for! :P :wink: :twisted:
Echo Company
Wannabe Sniper/DM
I don't care how cool you think you are...unless you have stormtrooper armor.
There's tough, and there's internet forum tough!
TankScout

Postby TNrebel » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 am

Are you an english major?
Founder/CO
Green Giants Airsoft

FTR
19th TN Infantry
TNrebel

Postby nofear15115 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 am

NONONO 18 and older, a lot of people are of the ages of 14+ so I'm thinking that a good age would be 15-16 and up! Get them while they can drive.
“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself†FDR
VFC MK18
nofear15115

Postby sargcj » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

PreviousNext

Return to Tri-Cities, TN