[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - 18 and older only games at TAS? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

18 and older only games at TAS?

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Re: 18 and older only games at TAS?

Postby Devildog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Everybody read my new thread in the tri cities section.

Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Postby 11Bravo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:26 pm

I think 18 and over would be great but only if the minors had an equal opportunity to have a day for them. You have a seperate post addressing that, so, it sounds like a winner to me. A minors only game would allow them to grow without the older guys ripping them up and making them feel like poor players. Alot of our local minors are really good and some are better then alot of adults.
I give this idea TWO THUMBS UP!!!
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Postby redneckemt » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Just an outsiders view. Look at other fields in the state. They have 18+ games, under 18 games and everybody plays games. And they don't seem to have problems.

What is the big deal if adults want to have a day without having to worry about stepping on a kid? From the way I'm reading the idea it's not going to be every game, and it won't mean less games.

All the kiddies crying seems a good reason to have 18+ games once in awhile.

You kiddies need to understand that this sport started out as a mostly adult sport. You've been allowed to join in and from the looks of things take over. Don't get your feelings hurt if the big kids want a day to themselves.
redneckemt

Postby The gingerbread man » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 pm

lets not have another bigrik here
"E pluribus unum"
FTR
_____.;"""""""";.
___.:;I`o``o``I;:.
___u`I```O```I`u
_____I_______I
_____u u u u u
The gingerbread man

Postby Devildog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm not against an extra day for 18+, but lets keep at least two games a month for us responsible minors.
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

Devildog

Postby 11Bravo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Guys, theres gonna be plenty of games for everybody to get to sling plenty of bb's. The old fogies arent trying to be rid of you, we would just like a big boys game once in a while. You younger guys may not realize that we take alot of reponsibility when were out there with minors. You younger guys know I love having you out, but like my kids st home, I need to get away for adult time once in a while. Its not personal, so please dont feel this is against you.
There should also be minor only games once in a while so ya'll can go nuts like youth need to. We'll keep adults away for your games, except for refs and official, and you wont have to worry about people who think their better then you because their older then you. And we all know, some of you younger guys are better then some of us older guys. Some of you minors are better then me and I'm not too proud to admit that. I really love watching some of yall run and gun. I've definatly enjoyed being a part of your growth and seeing the changes in each of you. Like Duy, for example, the first time he came out, he was quiet and stayed in the shadows and was unsure of himself. Not only has he gotten better then alot of adults but he isnt as quiet and takes active command in games leading others into combat. Or Gingerbread dude, and Hayden, both have come a long way in recent months. G Dude, he'll run the perimeter of the entire field at a trot just to get a safety kill. Hayden was a bashful kid who really didnt know anyone and was stand offish, he's battleing toe to toe with the big boys now. You guys have grown and I'm proud to have witnessed it.
So, dont sweat the adult games. you'll have your own days without us and the regular games with all ages.
Take advantage of it. Grasp it! Own it! And make it your own.
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

11Bravo

Postby Devildog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Is it possible to have a Minor only game, an adult only game, and an all ages game? I'd like two games a month..
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

Devildog

Postby The gingerbread man » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 pm

GO Duy!!!!
"E pluribus unum"
FTR
_____.;"""""""";.
___.:;I`o``o``I;:.
___u`I```O```I`u
_____I_______I
_____u u u u u
The gingerbread man

Postby TankScout » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Echo Company
Wannabe Sniper/DM
I don't care how cool you think you are...unless you have stormtrooper armor.
There's tough, and there's internet forum tough!
TankScout

Postby Irishman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:34 pm

:D haha thanks bravo,Im never gonna forget walking up to the CQB field at PPN and playing the deathmatch against those other 3 guys. But I understand where y'all older guys are coming from.
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby 11Bravo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 pm

You younger guys are the future of airsoft. Dont think us older guys dont know this. I myself only have another ten or fifteen years of good play time left in me. I'm getting older and every time I play, my body reminds me of that fact. So, you younger guys are the life line of future airsoft and I hope when your my age, you'll remeber that and guide the youth of your day. And trust me when I say, when your my age, you'll understand better why an adult game once in a while will be a nice change of pace. Trying to keep up with guys like Wes is pretty hard for me to do. I'm still able to beat him to a pulp, but he can out run me every day and night.
I'm fat and I'm old and my nuts hurt. lol I'm starting to think maybe a youth day, an 18 and up day AND a SENIOR day would be nice. I'd like to get out with a bunch of 50 + and 60 + year olds that I can run circles around like you yung'ns do me. :mrgreen: Now... where did I put my walker? :roll:
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

11Bravo

Postby Devildog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:12 pm

Bravo, we'll make sure you can hit the fields at 80, hell even if you are in a wheelchair, we'll make you a riot shield and get you some guns you can weild at that age, and you can get a powerchair to do circles around the kids hahahahaha you're awesome bravo!
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

Devildog

Postby nofear15115 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Recently TAS has seen the most numbers in awhile hitting an easy 40+ from ages 13-50 and cutting that number in half would suck. Not only that, but you will be splitting up private teams in which people will be highly upset with TAS. I like it the way it is, brings us a chance to introduce young people to the sport. If anything make it at least 15+ and bring a young person (BUT KEEP THEM INLINE) I really hate that things may be changing at TAS and would just like it to stay the same. Airsoft is great to play with everyone in every age group, yes some might not call their shots, but just talk to them about it. Ask if they will just be a little better about it, if nothing changes contact a ref. Like I stated some fathers will bring sons out and splitting that up will bring a chance for the son to not be able to go to the younger only games, from there the dad will have to watch after him on the older only games canceling him out and boom 2 players are gone! All in all its TAS's decision in which I respect.
“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” FDR
VFC MK18
nofear15115

Postby Saint » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:05 pm

I think people are missing the point. One 18+ game won't kill anyone.

There would be no point making a 15+ game. That'd include everyone, yes, but that isn't what this is about.

Supposedly, there is a CQB field in the works, there are private fields that may see public light in the near future. And of course, there is still TWO games a month at TAS. If one is 18+, the other will remain normal play.

It sucks being young, yes. But the older guys do need a break at some point. (I'm too young of an "old guy" so I'm indifferent.)

Many fields do this to some success. (I'd comfortably say that probably 75% of the fields out there have an adult day)

TAS is just trying to accommodate everyone guys. I personally give props to Spark for playing Mediator. It's not an easy job.
Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby nofear15115 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:17 pm

I understand completely, yet all I am saying is TAS has been like it has for around 3+ years and have had no problems, not dissing TAS, but why start now when airsoft is at its peak?
“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” FDR
VFC MK18
nofear15115

PreviousNext

Return to Tri-Cities, TN