[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - 18 and older only games at TAS? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

18 and older only games at TAS?

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

18 and older only games at TAS?

Postby SPARKDOGG » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Please no fighting or complaining about this.

Is there any interest in 18 years or order games at TAS.?

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Re: 18 and older only games at TAS?

Postby gungin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:50 am

17-18 + is a good idea for a game.
gungin

Postby bigrik » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:51 am

absolutely.
bigrik

Postby goga333 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:50 am

yes.
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby trevorst » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 am

Main reason I play is to play either with or against my son, this would limit that and I wouldnt show up.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby evilchinesefood2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am

I love having many people to play with at the field and i hate the idea of limiting people that can come. That being said i can honestly say the most fun and best games we have ever played out there was when it was about 15 people all +18 and mmm played too. So i think we could have some real fun.
evilchinesefood2

Postby Medic » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 am

I think if we do have 18 + games we'll need to allow for a few exceptions for either supervised kids ie scott's son or for people who are just under who have proven themselves mature players. I personally love having like yee the other wes kyle nanny and a few others playing as you learn from people who have played longer. I don't want to lose good future players but I would like more safety from little kids who get dropped off and haven't mastered the basics like fps and med's. I don't want trouble from some kids who took their goggle off either.
Medic

Postby Kaze_Ryu » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:43 pm

I'm up for a 18+ with the exception for someone who has an adult with them on the feild.
Kaze_Ryu

Postby Kevin S » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Yea sounds good
Kevin S
AirsoftVet

Postby trevorst » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:37 pm

I think probably what would be best and what most fields do is under a certain age then they must be supervised on the field. Some of the under 18 crowd (Duy is a great example) is more mature and a far better player than most of the over 18 crowd. I would imagine that the reality is that TAS if for no other reasons than insurance alone expects adult supervision under a certain age.

I think probably what sparks this debate is when a parent drops off their kid and thinks hey cheap daycare for the Saturday and that has happened at TAS here lately, it muddies the pool of players and you have alot of non hit calling, alot of taking your goggles off on the field. or walking around pointing guns with mags in outside the field. You honestly cant expect a 13 or 14 year old to always make grown up rational decisions which need to be made when you have a AEG capable of traveling at the high rate of speed we play at. My son is one of the younger players but he knows that if he does something stupid then 50+ people will witness some public child abuse :D . Its my opinion that untested players under the age of 16 should be supervised by a parent or guardian, I personally cant imagine just dropping my kid off at a event such as an airsoft game and pick them up 8 hours later. Snakebites...Bee stings...allergic reaction...spider bite...broken bones....broken teeth...asthma, some of these things are life threatening. Who accepts responsibility when Johnny gets bee stung and goes into anaphyactic shock and cant tell us he is allergic to yellow jackets, which mall do we call to get ahold of his mom? By the time we find out it will be too late for him.

Throwing the whole hit calling, call of duty, blah blah out of it and just look at the safety aspects, all persons under a certain age should have an adult with them on the field for no other reason than what I have listed. I am a healthcare professional and have a pretty strong field medicine background, I can say with reasonable qualifications that if some of the above occurred, without knowing a pretty thorough medical history if a sentinel event happened the chances of getting in contact with the parent before tragedy happens is very slim.

TLDR version: Parents should accept responsibility and supervise their children, stop using TAS as a drop off daycare.
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Irishman » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

As long as it's not a permanent thing I'm ok with it.But most of the younger teens like myself are pretty mature.I call my hits and run around and play just like the older guys. I agree their are a select few that disobey the rules but maybe you could make it a 18+/invite only if younger,kinda thing if this does become permanent.
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby JT_MCLOVIN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:14 pm

You got to let me in on this. Im 17, but I think I can take some of you older guys on! But nah, I support this...too many younger kids do get in the way. But like the others said I want Nate to come and be under my wing, and no one has complained about him...but I would like to play a game with a kid nippping my heels. Plus I agree, Duyy is a great guy and should be there, I talk to him all the time and I have to say, he is awesome
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»
JT_MCLOVIN
AirsoftVet

Postby Saint » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Let me see...

*Checks ID*

Do what ya want, I'm in the clear. (Finally, a plus to being 18 since I don't smoke)
Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby trevorst » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Considering I have socks and underwear over 18 I am clear
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
trevorst

Postby venom » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:57 pm

sounds good to me, a bunch of old farts shooting each other cool. I'm in
I AM WHAT I AM
venom

Next

Return to Tri-Cities, TN