[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - TAS trouble shooting troubles. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

TAS trouble shooting troubles.

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

TAS trouble shooting troubles.

Postby Devildog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Alrighty, so there's been some debate about TAS Airsoft open play date age restrictions. While the 17 and under topic has been cleared, I recall hearing that the only problem concerning the under 18 age group, was hit calling. We can all attest to this and/or whine about it all day, but we gotta move on. Certain things can be done to prevent/discourage this, more on that in a minute. Concerning the 18 and up crowd, I've heard things in the tri cities posts about certain members of this crowd being immature, having personal conflict, dissing airsoft in general because of it, and other assorted issues. The 18 and older crowd being the primary problem contributor. (Note: 18 and older is loosely referring to a few key flamers/antagonists, most of you guys are great people, but I'm not going to resort to democrat-like name calling to solve a problem) Well if that's the case, the adult crowd being a worse problem than the kid hit calling issue, why are we leaning towards 18 and older, unless you have a babysitter on field, games? This doesn't make sense. Kids are restricted by authority in most of daily life, and could use some freedom on the airsoft field. This does not indicate a suggestion to cheat or be disruptive, but knowing you are only there cause your babysitter is there is a PITA, because you also know you aren't there independently. I think it wouldn't hurt to bump the walk on age limit to 12 or so. If you wanna play, then a sponsor of 16/17 could be in order. But if you are driving yourself there, but you can't vote yet, you really don't need your mom there. Rule the place by marketing, not policies. Policies tick people off.

Example: Wanna solve America's smoking issue? Don't raise tobacco tax, make some billboards, flyers, and other media with solid evidence for your claims in it. If I convinced you smoking is harmful, you might listen, if I hiked up tobacco taxes, you wouldn't care. If we make controlling rules, it's gonna turn people away.

My suggestion: TCAA/TAS make brochures concerning airsoft FQA, rules and regulations guidelines, cost, and some pictures of smiling players and staff. Make it look nice, don't skimp on this. We sign hold harmless waivers every week, but why not take it a step farther? Let's make a one-time application form to play at TAS on airsoft days. Include what Trevorst said about medical stuffs. Is this kid allergic to bee stings? Can he have such and such medication? Have In case of an emergency contact numbers, do we have permission from the parents to give the kid professional medical attention in such events such as broken bones, bee stings, seizure, etc. Write it up like a summer camp form. With child and guardian signatures. Then the kid gets to play. Keep these forms documented, and when the kid breaks a rule, mark it up on his form. If he has a certain number of rule infractions, then suspension, discussion with the refs is in order. This solves lots of problems, including getting rid of the weekend day care feel, getting the parents educated and involved, protecting the kids, and keeping things in order.

Professionalism People, keep the hypothetical shirts tucked in.

Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Re: TAS trouble shooting troubles.

Postby 11Bravo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Very well said. But you know its easier said then done. But I agree.
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Postby Devildog » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:47 pm

It is easier said than done, but I'm willing to extend my labor to get it done.
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

Devildog

Postby TNrebel » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:01 pm

I've got your back, Kyle. The key to making things work is the full support of the community.
Founder/CO
Green Giants Airsoft

FTR
19th TN Infantry
TNrebel

Postby Nognitsy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:54 am

I agree with you 100%. Until the community as a whole steps up and makes it clear on site, in the moment and every time that not calling your hits, blowing up onfield and in text and disrespecting your fellow players is not cool, policy will do absolutely nothing substantial. I've seen fix after fix over the years in community after community but literally nothing has worked because the real problem is people. As long as the majority will tolerate, overlook or shy away from dealing with it on the spot, the minority will always take advantage of it. I've been in functionally identical groups to an airsoft community with the same issues and same personalities and the strife, cheating and quiet (sometimes loud) condescention that this sort of person always brings to the group consistently runs off all but those who are too entrenched and personally involved to let go.
Note, I'm not calling for war. These things can be done tactfully. The response is usually either to ignore or lash out for a time, but when they see that the community's united stance on the issue is "Cut that sh*t out." they always either change or leave. They're prone to returning or backsliding from time to time but a right-minded, tactful and shrewd group is very hard to break.
http://www.totmma.com

Solve Every Problem
Nognitsy

Postby Devildog » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 pm

I like how you said tactfully. Anything we do to improve TAS must be done with precision. We need to operate like Navy seals, not the spetsnaz. We need to target and eradicate any and all issues without injuring the airsoft community. Im not against 18+ days, but to make them all like that would hurt the entire community.

Thanks Clay!!
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

Devildog

Postby Devildog » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:14 pm

bump, everyone please read this and contribute, thanks
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

Devildog

Postby S.E.R.E. » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:04 pm

I think that the best thing that could be done at TAS would be to start assigning temp refs on a per game basis at TAS to augment the full time Refs. Problem is that most folks don't want to ref, they want to play. These refs need to come from the 18 and over airsoft community as per instruction from TAS management. These temp refs might only need to watch 2 games during the day so that they still get trigger time on that particular day. Having more refs on the field would also greatly reduce the instances of "no hit calling".

Some field ejections (for the day) for "no hit calling" could also be instituted to press the issue home to players that continue to practice this dishonorable behavior. If a person has payed to play and they get ejected then they don't get refunded! I know it sounds a little harsh but it would but the kybosh on this problem real quick. The next time that the ejected player come's out to play they will have a different attitude.

As far as "rule's" are concerned, TAS is goverened by the Tri-Cities Articles Of Confederation. There are a few other conditions that apply at TAS that can be found in the TAS field thread in the Tri-Cities forum. The Articles of Confederation have been in full effect at TAS for more then two years now as per direction of TAS-WES himself. They were also adopted by the TCAA. As far as I know that condition still exists.
They can be examined on this forum at any players leisure as long as they have access to the internet.

As far as the "Forum Flamers" I'll say this:
I have alot of confidence in Sparkdogg's appointment as the moderator of our forum. I have not had this 'sense of hope' since Big D was the forum moderator. Spark will do the right thing regardless of the situation or who he considers a friend or foe ! That's why I asked Wes to appoint Spark and Danny as official Ref's when I gave up the job at TAS. Spark is a good egg,

The playing field and the forums are for airsoft. Think airsoft when your on the field or on the forums.
That's my 2 cents worth.

Yall peace out!
S.E.R.E.

Postby SPARKDOGG » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Devildog, this is great but as said, easier said then done. But i am willing to do my part. Thats why I Host at TAS, and mod this forum and It seems that I may be heading the TCAA which, by the way still see's the The Articles of Confederation as the currant rule set at TAS, and all TCAA games. All age games will never take over TAS. There are just alot of older player that would like the company of adults when they play.

The TCAA will be reforming, (again) and these are issues that will be addressed. There is alot of good ideas going on here, the key is to get them done, to put them in motion.

All currant TCAA members need to report in on the TCAA forum and state on you or your teams status on helping our commuinty and involvement. If you are not currantly TCAA, and want to help put changes in motion, please PM me and we will talk. If you would like to stay of of the spot light then find anambassador on your team to speak for you.

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby venom » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 am

I would like to be a temp. ref. pm me and let me know
I AM WHAT I AM
venom

Postby RCPD S.T.A.R.S » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:52 pm

+1
i believe Venom(My Dad) can handle it!
S.T.A.R.S LEADER
Blackwater 2.0 PMC Milsim Leader

APS U.A.R
Cybergun Desert Eagle
KWC Smith & Wesson mp40

....in the mist of silence an the shadows of night is when the trigger was pulled.....
RCPD S.T.A.R.S
AirsoftVet

Postby 1MCLMM » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Looks liek the tri-cities is on the right track. I wish I could get out there with you guys anymore, who knows i might try to get out sometimes. My little cousin will be coming ou ta lot now and i know with Spark running the show that things will be going great. (this is lt. dan btw, someone haxored my account so im suing this one now)
How is it that 3/4's of everyone at every airsoft game is either a former SWAT commander, SF, Ranger or SEAL?
1MCLMM

Return to Tri-Cities, TN