[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Johnson City ordinance Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Johnson City ordinance

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Johnson City ordinance

Postby broken9597 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:00 am

I'm new to TN Airsoft Forums so I may be beating a dead horse in the mouth with this, if so, please bear with me. I need to know any and all information concerning the Johnson City Ordinance 11-124. Air guns, slingshots, etc.. No person shall sell, keep in stock,
offer for sale, give away, carry or discharge, within the city, an air gun or other similar implement for throwing small projectiles. (1985 Code, § 16-28 ). What has been or is being done concerning this matter? I understand that a petition was in place a while back. What happened to it? If it has not been taken care of I will impliment a new one and begin talk with current city counsel members about what can be done concerning this matter. I appreciate any and all help in this matter; including information about other cities that may have had this same problem, and through the people, were able to get it over turned. Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
4-D/Captian/Team Mushin

broken9597

Re: Johnson City ordinance

Postby SPARKDOGG » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Hear is the dead horse for your enjoyment. LOL... There are more like this one if you search. Your anwser is in there.

link : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11779&hilit=Johnson+City+ordinance

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby broken9597 » Sun May 01, 2011 11:42 am

broken9597

Postby TomCruise » Sun May 01, 2011 4:43 pm

hey man,
Keep me informed of what you find out about this.
IF you need any help, hit me up. I would love to help
TomCruise

Postby jwoodby1983 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:29 am

For those of you that do not know me my name is Jeremiah Woodby. I am a Probation Officer here in Washington County.. I will talk to the local judges and officers as usually i work with them almost everyday and I will try to see what I or We can do to get Airsoft back in JC!!!
BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby RCPD S.T.A.R.S » Mon May 02, 2011 10:30 am

..that would be pretty cool but, theres always gonna be that one person who ruins it for all of us... i got wind from ASGI that where they play in CALI, might be getting banned and airsoft made illegal, due to inapropriete use of the airsoft weaponry, for ex.(trying to mug people, pull out before fights, scare pedestrians,etc..) so idk what this sport is going to but if we can get airsoft back in JC thatd be purty kewl and peeps from that area wouldnt have to drive like 53min.s to an hour to play!
S.T.A.R.S LEADER
Blackwater 2.0 PMC Milsim Leader

APS U.A.R
Cybergun Desert Eagle
KWC Smith & Wesson mp40

....in the mist of silence an the shadows of night is when the trigger was pulled.....
RCPD S.T.A.R.S
AirsoftVet

Postby Saint » Mon May 02, 2011 10:41 am

Evike posted where they are trying to alter a Cali ordinance to require bb guns to be either clear, or bright. But, if you read the ordinance, it does say in there (And it's hard to find) that there is an exception for sporting.

I see that particular ordinance turning into something similar to what they have in Europe. Two tone guns. If someone argues on the sport side of it, you'll see an organization similar to the Ukara (I think it's called) Airsoft Organization of Europe.

I didn't see anywhere that said they were trying to ban or make it illegal in any way shape or form.

As I understand it, New York City already did this (So says the ordinance). That was their backbone. They seemed pretty clear on the fact that they cannot in any way make them illegal, because the federal law requiring their blaze orange tip is very clear on that (May only limit their sale to minors).

I know it's a bit off topic for the thread, but at the same time, the way this goes could mean a lot for our local ban. Positive or negative depending on the outcome.
Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby broken9597 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:26 pm

broken9597

Postby jwoodby1983 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 am

So i got to meet with Judge Nidiffer yesterday for those of you unaware he is one of the two Sessions Criminal Court judges and he said that 1st we need to set up an appointment with Pete Peterson who is over the City Counsel i belive. Then hopefully Pete will add us to the Agenda where this matter may be discussed with the city counsel. Also he said that once it goes infront of the city counsel we will need alot of signatures of people whom are for Abolishing the City Ordinace Law. Also he stated that we need to have a President of Airsoft or someone of importance with us whom could speak on our behalf. In other words if and when it goes infront of the City Counsel we need to have someone whom we could consider a Professional whom would speak. We do not want to have a bunch of kids or rednecks whom speak. No offense to both kids and rednecks. Remember in this line of business we want to be professional.
BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby broken9597 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks for the info woodby. Those were my exact thoughts. When, not if this goes in front of the councel I will have found that perfect individual to speak on behalf of all airsoft enthusiasts. I play to have this whole process done a professionally as possible because I want this law changed. I'm also putting out a call to those who want and said they would help. Professionally speaking I need individuals willing to talk to the proper law inforcement officals, that would be the supervisors over records, I need any and all incident from sullivan, carter, washington, and greene county from the past 10 years dealing with airsoft or paintball. I need to know if JC law has really made a difference with vandilisim. Let me know if your helping. Thanks.
broken9597

Postby redneckemt » Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Copy the laws I posted in the other thread. The Ordance is in violation of State and Federal law. But law is subject to interpretation. If you know a Judge run those Codes by him and see what he thinks.

Edited instead of wasting a post

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11779&hilit=Johnson+City+ordinance
Last edited by redneckemt on Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redneckemt

Postby broken9597 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:25 pm

broken9597

Postby Kaze_Ryu » Sun May 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Ok I don't want to be "that guy", but it doesn't help that some modify the "Federal mandated" orange tip. Though it does make your weapon look "real" it is a federal crime to do this and I see almost everyone do it. Just my $.02 on or off topic.
Kaze_Ryu

Postby sargcj » Sun May 08, 2011 6:22 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby broken9597 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:26 pm

broken9597

Next

Return to Tri-Cities, TN