[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Johnson City ordinance Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Johnson City ordinance

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Re: Johnson City ordinance

Postby sargcj » Sun May 08, 2011 11:56 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby broken9597 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Was talking with Chris at Military Outdoors Supply yesterday, and he was told that walmart is now allowed to carry airsoft. Upon some investigation of my own I found that this was not true. If anybody knows anything about a recent change in the law or something PLEASE, PLEASE let us know. Then we can stop all this work we are doing. I got real excited for nothing. And please don't go messing with Chris about this, he was most likely misinformed about it. I am keeping my hopes up that he is right and that the information hasn't trickeled down the pipes far enough yet. At any rate, we will continue to work on this and will be posting a printable petition soon. Thanks....peace!
broken9597

Postby jwoodby1983 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:35 am

to a certain degree the guy at the milatry store was right. Walmart is infact allowed to sell Airsoft that is if there is not an Ordinance Law. You can goto to the Walmart in Colonial Heights or Kingsport to purchase Airsoft Guns. They are pretty crappy but yes they do sell them there... maybe that was what he was talking about
BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby broken9597 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:33 pm

broken9597

Postby Legionary » Sat May 28, 2011 8:06 am

Has there been any movement on this? I would be curious as to how the paintball/airsoft communities (for a change) could combine resources in order to add some weight to our counterargument. Banning "projectile launching apparatuses" is arbitrary as hell.
Bouncing the trigger since 1999.
Legionary

Postby broken9597 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:57 pm

broken9597

Postby RCPD S.T.A.R.S » Sat May 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Well ill sign i got alot of people ready and willing to sign it!
S.T.A.R.S LEADER
Blackwater 2.0 PMC Milsim Leader

APS U.A.R
Cybergun Desert Eagle
KWC Smith & Wesson mp40

....in the mist of silence an the shadows of night is when the trigger was pulled.....
RCPD S.T.A.R.S
AirsoftVet

Postby broken9597 » Sat May 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Ok, the petition is ready and I was going to attach it to this post but something will not allow me no matter what format I save it as, SO, to any, and all that wish to help distribut this petition around you will need to email me @ possibilitiesphoto@yahoo.com and I will send you the file to print. Please feel free to add extra pages, but they must contain the same "NAME: AGE: PROFESSION:" at the top of the page. When these petitons are full, please mail to: 157 Blakemore Circle Johnson City, TN 37604. There will also be copies to sign at Valkyries and Military Outdoor Sports. I need anybody and everybody to sign, NOT JUST PLAYERS. Parents, doctors, lawyers, pasters, friends. The more the better. And I strongly suggest the more voting age people we have sign will add strength to the petition. I don't want a couple of hundred signatures, I want thousands.
broken9597

Postby TAS-WES » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:53 pm

I have been in local paintball foe 22 years now, and this has been on the books for quite some time. I have worked on this issue as well as several promenient people in the JC area. Good luck with it and if I can help let me know.
TAS-WES

Postby ReaperM14 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Yo Jeff, you know I have your back on this one. It would be nice to get this thing done, so I'll help rally signatures for you.
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby broken9597 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:34 pm

broken9597

Postby asdetevo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm

official copy of the federal statute.

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/15C76.txt

-CITE-
15 USC CHAPTER 76 - IMITATION FIREARMS 02/01/2010

-EXPCITE-
TITLE 15 - COMMERCE AND TRADE
CHAPTER 76 - IMITATION FIREARMS

-HEAD-

-MISC1-
Sec.
5001. Penalties for entering into commerce of imitation
firearms.

-End-

-CITE-
15 USC Sec. 5001 02/01/2010

-EXPCITE-
TITLE 15 - COMMERCE AND TRADE

-HEAD-
Sec. 5001. Penalties for entering into commerce of imitation
firearms

-STATUTE-
(a) Acts prohibited
It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, enter into
commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or
imitation firearm unless such firearm contains, or has affixed to
it, a marking approved by the Secretary of Commerce, as provided in
subsection (b) of this section.
(b) Distinctive marking or device; exception; waiver; adjustments
and changes
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) or (3), each toy, look-
alike, or imitation firearm shall have as an integral part,
permanently affixed, a blaze orange plug inserted in the barrel of
such toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm. Such plug shall be
recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the
barrel of such firearm.
(2) The Secretary of Commerce may provide for an alternate
marking or device for any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm not
capable of being marked as provided in paragraph (1) and may waive
the requirement of any such marking or device for any toy, look-
alike, or imitation firearm that will only be used in the
theatrical, movie or television industry.
(3) The Secretary is authorized to make adjustments and changes
in the marking system provided for by this section, after
consulting with interested persons.
(c) "Look-alike firearm" defined
For purposes of this section, the term "look-alike firearm" means
any imitation of any original firearm which was manufactured,
designed, and produced since 1898, including and limited to toy
guns, water guns, replica nonguns, and air-soft guns firing
nonmetallic projectiles. Such term does not include any look-alike,
nonfiring, collector replica of an antique firearm developed prior
to 1898, or traditional B-B, paint-ball, or pellet-firing air guns
that expel a projectile through the force of air pressure.
(d) Study and report
The Director of the Bureau of Justice Statistics is authorized
and directed to conduct a study of the criminal misuse of toy, look-
alike and imitation firearms, including studying police reports of
such incidences and shall report on such incidences relative to
marked and unmarked firearms.
(c) (!1) Technical evaluation of marking systems

The Director of (!2) National Institute of Justice is authorized
and directed to conduct a technical evaluation of the marking
systems provided for in subsection (b) of this section to determine
their effectiveness in police combat situations. The Director shall
begin the study within 3 months after November 5, 1988, and such
study shall be completed within 9 months after November 5, 1988.

(f) Effective date
This section shall become effective on the date 6 months after
November 5, 1988, and shall apply to toy, look-alike, and imitation
firearms manufactured or entered into commerce after November 5,
(g) Preemption of State or local laws or ordinances; exceptions
The provisions of this section shall supersede any provision of
State or local laws or ordinances which provide for markings or
identification inconsistent with provisions of this section
provided that no State shall -
(i) prohibit the sale or manufacture of any look-alike,
nonfiring, collector replica of an antique firearm developed
prior to 1898, or
(ii) prohibit the sale (other than prohibiting the sale to
minors) of traditional B-B, paint ball, or pellet-firing air guns
that expel a projectile through the force of air pressure.

-SOURCE-
(Pub. L. 100-615, Sec. 4, Nov. 5, 1988, 102 Stat. 3190.)
And when he gets to Heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell,
"One more soldier reporting, sir,
I've served my time in Hell."

One shot, One kill
Echo 1 ASR
CA G36K
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
asdetevo

Postby broken9597 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:44 pm

OK people the petitions are out and after two months I have to say that signatures have been rather disappointing! We need everyone that will support airsoft/paintball to sign! Parents, Students, Professionals, Anyone and everyone. Please email me and I will email you a copy of the petition so that you can get signatures yourself. I need everybodies help in this if we are going to make a difference. a couple of hundred are not going to get it, I WANT THOUSANDS!! And they must be legit signatures! Email me: possibilitiesphoto@yahoo.com
broken9597

Postby daveshaw » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:19 am

im down with it ,I will help i have 42 guns and dont want to have to give them in to the cops
daveshaw

Postby SPARKDOGG » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 am

People have been fighting this for years. Use your energy towards what we do have. Waste of time. JC gets nothing out of this so they won't care. Even is 1,000,000,000 people sign it, JC won't give a flip. There is nothing in it for them. JC,s best intrest is to leave the law the same.

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

PreviousNext

Return to Tri-Cities, TN