[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New Rule being implemented at The Alternative Sport Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New Rule being implemented at The Alternative Sport

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

New Rule being implemented at The Alternative Sport

Postby Devildog » Mon May 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Hello Tricities, here is a post from the TAS forum board concerning airsofters, quoting Jarrod Sammons, a fellow employee at The Alternative Sport,

"As some may or may not know there are some changes on the way with reguards to insurance requirements reguarding airsoft play. Field owners across the board are almost unanimous in agreement that barrel protection should and will be enforced in safety zones. What does that mean for the airsoft community? It means you get to buy one more piece of equipment to keep up with for your "gun". TAS will be implementing this rule as well so it would be wise to go ahead and prepare yourself for this rule. Seems Mags out doesnt work ANYWHERE. The up side to this is it will enforce the NO SHOOTING in the safe zone,{which I have seen plenty of, and as of now will have consequences much like paintball}. What consequences you ask? If a player enters the safe zone without removing mag and empting the gun We will make you sit out a game, if you do it a second time you will be asked to leave the field for the day with no refund. Same rule will apply to your goggle/ face protection. This will also apply to firing your gun in the safe zone. We are doing some testing ourselves to see what will and wont stop a bb. I have found that a good paintball barrel sock does the job just fine.

Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Re: New Rule being implemented at The Alternative Sport

Postby trevorst » Mon May 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Just curious but how many people have been injured at TAS before or after a magazine out policy? Just like politics the government that governs least governs best...Going further than magazines out...Should we have a velcro shoe lace policy also so no one trips on laces? At some point you have to allow Darwin's law to take care of the shallow gene pool and move on. Sadly though I understand better than most the silliness of insurance companies...

Magazines out should be enough imo.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Devildog » Mon May 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Scott, if it was an adult only deal with respectable mature people like yourself there, then sure, it doesn't matter. Point is it only takes one moron child who has no sense of responsibility to take an eye out. I have had 1 or 2 accounts of someone shooting me outside the netting on the staging area. One time where someone shot a bb from a 1911 that missed my left eye socket by mere centimeters. It scared me bad. Working for/owning this sort of business, we would all feel a little bit different. Paintballers have been restricted by this for ages, it saved a lot of people's eyes. No wonder why Paintball is statistically the safest sport in the world.
Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Postby gungin » Mon May 30, 2011 2:43 pm

well im not buying one just to play at tas unless they will hand them out for free lol.

i told lee about this new rule he cracked up.
gungin

Postby trevorst » Mon May 30, 2011 4:36 pm

I have one of these actually, when put on my gun and the trigger pulled it still shoots off with considerable velocity and now has more mass; so in fact should do more damage. What do the people that have silencers on their gun use? That aint going to fit. Which also brings into consideration what about guns that have irremovable magazines such as my p90 box mag? Remove the battery?

Barrel socks work great for paintball as its difficult to remove your paint supply, airsoft... maybe a tube sock but not that barrel plug imo. Have the players stuff their dead rag in the end of the barrel.....Have the players remove their batteries in the safe zone.... something. Or have them actually remove their magazines and keep their fingers off the trigger and treat an airsoft gun like a real gun (which quite frankly is the thing that I would most like my son to learn..)
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby gungin » Mon May 30, 2011 5:10 pm

thats what i do is mag out shoot it 2-3 times to clear this new rule seems a bit bs i bet $50 60% of the players with not buy a plug.
gungin

Postby trevorst » Mon May 30, 2011 5:25 pm

One thing that can be learned from this is the dangers of creating alternate dangers with over regulation (if someone had been ballsy back in the 80s and stood up to insurance companies we would all be vacationing in Europe because the dollar would be so valuable...)

Lets say you take something like say enforcement of full seal goggles instead of wrap around goggles, while the full seal goggles will get rid of that .001% magic bb shot that ricochets and curves its way behind the glasses; it also will open up the accidental eye damage done standing around shooting the crap and my gun goes off. In other words people are more likely to be sitting around wearing their Oakleys than their ESS goggles, so in effect you create another unsafe environment by trying to make a safer environment. In no way am I arguing that full seal goggles are more dangerous than wrap around glasses, just making a point that every action can have an unintentional reaction.

IMO enforcement of policies already in place is the answer, unless we all want to sit around wearing Oakley wrap around shades....
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
trevorst

Postby thejohnson98 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Remember children this is just airsoft.
thejohnson98

Postby JT_MCLOVIN » Tue May 31, 2011 2:46 am

I truly think a barrel condom isnt going to resolve anything. Like the others said I refuse to waste money on this, and if need be Ill play some backyard airsoft. Insurance companys must have a reason too press that on you guys. Its bad enough that government is trying to pass a law saying airsoft guns have too be a weird color.

I do agree with the mag out of weapon rule and I wouldnt mind removing my battery too ensure safety. But too waste cash on a plug is a bit retarded. TAS has fallen a bit. Personaly I think the age requirement should come (unless the child is supervised by a fellow player). That way maturity can come back too the sport. Also I think more refs are needed to help that no hit calling problem. But Im just rambling...
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»
JT_MCLOVIN
AirsoftVet

Postby sargcj » Tue May 31, 2011 10:01 am

TAS is going downhill and I'm not liking it very much. I'm not a loud person nor do I have any experience as a host, but I would personally tighten the belt on current rules. TAS was the 1st place I ever played airsoft and that was the first game they ever had at TAS. I want to see it come back to life, and I'm starting to think maybe I should jump up and see if I can do anything about it.

As for the barrel blockers, you're not gonna block the end of my jgbar 10 with anything like that. It will shoot a .43 relatively deep through a small piece of wood near point blank. It doesn't have a safety on it because the zero trigger doesn't come with a safety, the safety for it is don't cock it (Which the spring in it will keep it from being accidentally cocked) and drop the mag.

I had some caps/blockers on my AEGs awhile back, I threw them away because the .20 bb broke right through them, and kept going, stuff like that can damage the gun, would the insurance company like people fussing at them or even potentially suing them for damaged guns? (I'm sure somebody is crazy enough to try it out there) and these are 2008 JG m4 Bone Stock basic versions.

Those blockers are great, for keeping dust and debris out of your gun, but when it comes to stopping a BB, they don't hold a very good track record. And even Barrel Condoms may not work, a paintball is considerably bigger than a BB and is easier to catch...

I understand the safety concerns, and there have been a few people I would like to hit in the teeth over their stupidity, but barrel blockers isn't going to work, all that is going to do is drive away most airsoft business and tick people off. This is the last local place to play.

If this persists, I'll look to carry something cheap(~$5-10 range) with the rest of my stuff for AoW, but I don't think its wise to spout a new rule, especially when it probably won't be followed.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby jwoodby1983 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:06 pm

First and foremost I completely understand you all want this sport to be a safe and fun enviroment and as of this moment if i have to get one I will. But I do think it is getting to be a little stupid as far as this rule is concerned. I really hate to hear that I have to buy something just because its the new rule that has to do intirely with the Insuarance Policys. The only thing i would ask inturn is if TAS does instate this new rule then they need to have them in stock in there little shop. What are you going to do if 10 new people show up and have never heard of such a rule?? Is TAS going to turn them away... If so that is increidbly stupid!!!! Due to the economic state of some people they can barely afford to even play this sport more yet have to buy another part. Yea I know its a $4.00 piece... I understand that!!! But I also remember when I was in College or in Highschool times were alot more tough due to not working and having a lack of money O well :O( This kind of reminds of the same situation with gas... if it goes up we all complain but we still pay for it :O(
BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby Hydr0 Shok » Tue May 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Bottom line is....... The mag out rule is plenty enough. If there is a problem at TAS concerning that rule, then it is rediculous to add ANOTHER rule. The barrel plug rule will just add complication whereas we could just focus more on enforcing the rules that are already in place. Also, like Scott said, I would rather people just learn how to treat their airsoft gun like you should a real gun in the safe zones. That in itself would eliminate most problems.
Hydr0 Shok

Postby SPARKDOGG » Tue May 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Listen, this is a paintball field that I have permission to host games at. What they say goes. Don't like, don't come out.
Its the only legal venue we have. If anyone can find a better place and do a better job than go for it. But I doubt you will.

In other words do somthing better, or piss off.

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby jwoodby1983 » Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Spark does have a point. This is the only place we can all play at here locally. Dont know if that Bristol TN field is still in the works. Does anyone know if TAS is going to have these in stock. I hate to spend only 4.00 then pay 6.00 shipping for something. I would expect em to have them instock?? Let me know. I guess we should all be thankful we still have this place to play
BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby gungin » Tue May 31, 2011 3:25 pm

well im not going to reconfig all my guns just to play most of my guns have silencers to hide the tb barrels its not like i can plug it + if tas wants this rule to pass they best start stocking them the the shop to have them work with and with out silencers.
gungin

Next

Return to Tri-Cities, TN