[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New Rule being implemented at The Alternative Sport Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New Rule being implemented at The Alternative Sport

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Re: New Rule being implemented at The Alternative Sport

Postby sargcj » Tue May 31, 2011 3:28 pm

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby sargcj » Tue May 31, 2011 3:48 pm

double post, sorry... but also...
When does this rule officially take effect? because not very many people are going to be able to have any kind of a condom/stopper/blocker by this weekend's game.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited while imagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22244
sargcj

Postby trevorst » Tue May 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Sparkk is right, it's their field, their rules (most likely an insurance underwriters rule) its not an excessive rule, honestly I think a dead rag and a rubber band would probably suffice. Everyone should have a dead rag anyways, I will supply the bag of rubber bands :D

They make very little off of us airsofters in comparison to paintballers, last thing we need is to lose the last field we have.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby SPARKDOGG » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:46 am

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby SPARKDOGG » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 am

Double post....

Blah, blah, blah. There are so many more issues in our local commuinty to worry about then eff barrell blockers.

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby JT_MCLOVIN » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 am

you supply the condoms then sure its cool. But its hard enough for me too scrape cash just too pay admittion. I hope this rule doesnt make the price too play at the field go up....
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»
JT_MCLOVIN
AirsoftVet

Postby SPARKDOGG » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:18 am

Ok, devildog jumped the gun alittle :wink: .

It is not going to start for a couple of weeks to a month. We will give plenty of warning. You can buy your own or on the game when they are indroduced the days field fee will be 15. 10 to play, and 5 for you blocker. One time fee, unless you lose it. Now the 5 dollar price is a guess, no more then7 or 10.

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby TAS-WES » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Hey Guys,
This is Wes from TAS. Just to fill everyone in, here is some info on whats going on. These Barrel blockers will be made for airsoft guns. They will be larger to fit over different barrel types and the bungiee cord will be longer to accomodate different styles of guns. Trust me when I say this "we are not trying to milk you guys for another 5 bucks " . If this were the case I would simply raise the field fee to 15.00 . This is a safety measure we are taking as a business , to keep players,staff and spectators safe. This has been discussed and debated for a while now, but after talking with several airsoft field owners throughout the country this the the next measure in airsoft safety. Yes it would be great if everyone one treated their airsoft gun as a real gun but in all truth WE ALL know this dosent happen with every player. I see this as a way for the sport of airsoft to grown and become more legitimate. Sparkdog and crew do an outstanding job with the airsoft games, and I know they are not given the credit they deserve, if not for them stepping up TAS may not have even been a option this year. Even as hard as the ref crew works its still easy to miss a mag out or a goggle off. We WILL be getting stricter on these rules. I have been in the safe zone on game day quite a few times myself. I have see accidental shots , guys shooting in the safe zone for fun and players waving guns around unintentionaly. Even with a mag out most guns still hold a shot in the chamber. The barrel blockers will assist the refs and make there job easier after everyone gets used to them. These will be sold at a price around 5.00 , we may do a 15.00 game day and include a barrel blocker with entry. We will give a couple of months notice so everyone will have time to get one. You do not have to purchase one from TAS, but home made ones will no be accepted. I have read the post with several players complaing about purchasing a 5.00 piece of gear, the way I see it is If you can afford a 200.00- 500.00 dollar gun and the gear that goes with it the you can afford a 5.00 barrel blocker. We have kept our field fee at 10.00 for several years now, and this added safety is a way to help us keep it low. If in the long run that safey and fun just isnt your bag then I wish you the best of luck where ever you play. TAs has supported the local airsoft community for several years and now we ask that the local airsoft community suport TAS and make it a safer place for everyone. If at anytime anyone here would like to discuss this issue with me please feel free to call me here at 423-279-7787 I would be glad to here your opinions on this subject.

Thanks and see you all soon ,
Wes
TAS-WES

Postby TAS-WES » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm

here is a link to give you an idea of what they will be .

http://www.barrelblocker.com/product.html
TAS-WES

Postby Hydr0 Shok » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:27 pm

The only question/concern I have is..... Will airsofters have to buy a plug for each gun we bring to the games, or as like a precautionary for our primary weapon as we exit the field? ( If that makes since ) I don't care a bit to buy a $5.00 part for saftety, but to buy one for each gun could get a little expensive, especially if you don't buy them all at once.

Btw, I don't think anyone on here has meant any disrespect towards the people whom even makes it possible for us to play airsoft, like spark and danny. Ya'll have my full gratitude, and I try to thank you all each time!!! This forum is just a place for us airsofters to express our concerns and opinions.
Hydr0 Shok

Postby S.E.R.E. » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:00 pm

The barrel blockers are a wise safety measure.
I have seen accidental discharges in the safety stand down areas as well as out right horse play.
They do sell them everywhere.
Some folks are just not as responsible as others when it comes to gun safety.
S.E.R.E.

Postby TAS-WES » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:27 am

TAS-WES

Postby venom » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:32 am

do need them for sunday game or what? somebody pm me and let know.
I AM WHAT I AM
venom

Postby trevorst » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Not yet if I am understanding correctly.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby 11Bravo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Hey Spark, what if we leave our rifles inside the netted area? If it comes out of a vehicle, it goes to the field and stays till its time to go home.
And people, keep in mind, this isnt a TAS thing, its to keep insurance costs lowered. If insurance goes up, so will field fees. A $4.00 part is a one time cost. If field fee goes up $1.00, you'll spend that every two months on the increase feild fee. Think of it that way.
I personally have no problem with it. You have my full support Spark. Lets keep field fees as low as possible!
If you guys want a gas type example of cost, gas goes up for a few weeks and yeah it goes back down, but groceries and delivered goods prices go up with the gas prices and dont come down. Have you seen the price on a gallon of milk or a twelve pack of coke lately. My god, milk is over $4.00 a gallon. Those are yankee prices! And up there a gallon of milk is now near $10.00.
So, if insurance goes up, field fees go up. But if we cap the barrels on our rifles, we beat the market game. Me, I play monopoly and always buy boardwalk and RR! lol
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

PreviousNext

Return to Tri-Cities, TN