[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Official GSF Airsoft Field Build Days (Thurs Moved 2 Sat) Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Official GSF Airsoft Field Build Days (Thurs Moved 2 Sat)

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Re: Official GSF Airsoft Field Build Days (Thurs Moved 2 Sat)

Postby jwoodby1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 am

hmmm trying to think what we can do.... How does everyone feel about Donating like 10.00 into a bucket and we can call it the GSF Airsoft Field Fund. We take 2.00 out of every 10 to add up to raffle something off and the other 8.00 to buy build supplies. What do you all think about that??? I dont think 10.00 is going to hurt anyone if you think it is to much or to little we can all decide. Lets hear people what you all think?????

BOLT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS
sniping is poetry in slow motion, up until you pull the trigger

Team Yukuza- Designated Marksman
Upgraded KJW M700 hpa beast
UTG m324-Sniper Pos Springer
CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby jwoodby1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:58 am

also after doing some research here r some prices of plywood just so everyone knows it isnt cheap. In other words we need to start making donations. Also I would suggest having another field day where so much of the proceeds goto the build fund
15/32" CDX 4x8 Sheet $22.97
23/32" CDX 4x8 Sheet $28.97

Thickness Type Size Price
11/32" RTD 4x8 Sheet $10.77
15/32" RTD 4x8 Sheet $12.47
19/32" RTD 4x8 Sheet $14.77
23/32" RTD 4x8 Sheet $17.35

Thickness Type Size Price
1/4" OSB 4x8 Sheet $6.87
7/16" OSB 4x8 Sheet $6.37
1/2" OSB 4x8 Sheet $7.47
19/32" OSB 4x8 Sheet $10.47
23/32" OSB 4x8 Sheet $11.44

CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby 11Bravo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:19 am

And thats not to mention two by four studs, nails, and other materials needed for different style structures and bunkers. A donation jar sounds like a good idea, but setting it at $10 may not be the right way. Maybe just straight donate what you can, people who donate ten or more get a name plack on a building/bunker or something like that. $10 dont sound like much, but it cost me 10 in gas round trip, 10 field fee, 10+ for ammo, and another 5-10 bucks for lunch, so when you look at the expence of the day, another 10 bucks adds up quick. Its a great idea, I'm not trying to knock it down, just looking at it from another view.
Sorry I wasnt any more help then I was yesterday guys, but the bunkers look pretty cool, when you can see them :wink: . Ya'll have the property coming along in a positive dsirection and I'm SO glad to see it. Imagine what the field will look like in 12 months. Its gonna be bad ars!!! :mrgreen:
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Postby Duy556 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:25 am

Donate what you can. Like Bravo implied, a little goes a long way.
Mountain Men Malitia
Forrest Tennessee Rifles

"The less you fear judgement, the less you will judge...Be your own person."
Duy556

Postby DWRacing39 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 am

Congrats on making something happen guys. Its gonna take the efforts of many, if not all to make it work out. Its nice to see that everyone is working together on this. Its been a long time coming. My advice as a long time player to everyone is to support your field, support your local airsoft store and just enjoy the sport. I may have somewhat retired from the airsoft scene and "put down my arms" but I still hope that airsoft keeps growing. The community deserves it.

D.W.
Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby 11Bravo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Damn! DW is in the house!!! Now, it must be getting real if ol'DW popped up out of the wood work. How ya been DW?!
I agree completely by the way. We all want a big field and a good store in our local area. And it seems we have one! So get out to the field and run n gun and go down to the store and spend some money.
The field is really new, you all know this. Its not got aot of buildings or bunkers but it has alot of acreage and a cool store running and operating it. Now ask yourself, how fast do I want this field to grow? This field WILL grow, you can count on that. How fast depends on us, the local players and our willingness to help. The more of us that show on build days, the quicker the work gets done. I'll head out every chance I get and I know my guys from the FTR will come out when they can. So, lets go Tri-Cities, lets get out there and lend a hand. It will get us a good playble field in no time if we all pitch in. This is your chance to be a part of the action and to feel like you have invested in the airsoft future locally. Heck, you may even get a bunker or a building named after you or your team!? Isnt that right Spark, if I'm wrong, please correct me. I put a stake on the barn yard at the barn in the woods. I hope its to be called "Bravos Barnyard." I chose it because its the first position I used in a game at GSF, I figured its perfect for all my crap too.
I went out yesterday and helped develope three bunkers out in the woods. Harrison, Irishman, and three new kids did the digging and most of the work, but I'm not done. I WILL be back out and I will keep building.
The guys at GSF are hooking us up with a good store and a huge field. The least we can do, is show our support and help with a little labor. The expenses involved in building this field will eat up all the money they make on the games for a couple of years. Their willing to build this field and make no profit while its being built up I think us showing were willing to put a little extra into it will only help them see their going to make out well on this deal. Their willing to put our field fees back into the property. How many field owers have you seen do that locally?
I'll see you out at build days! I'll be out Saturday by the way. :mrgreen:
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Postby Irishman » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I'll be out saturday too(12-6) :D Anyone who is like ('why should I come out and work for free when I could work at my job?').You can work a couple hours at your job and you may keep the money for a week maybe,but if you put in a few hours at the field and you build a bunker then it'll be there for a LONG time.It's like leaving your mark on not even the local community but anyone who plays there.
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby jwoodby1983 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 am

I have yet to receive a reply about if its okay or not to show up at the field to help at 10:00 AM can someone send me a pm and let me if its okay. Thanks

CYMA-AK 47- Bone Stock
jwoodby1983
AirsoftVet

Postby DWRacing39 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:44 am

If im able to donate or help out, I would like the "Gentlemans Club" to be named in my honor :)
Operation: Irene VI alum- Task Force Ranger sniper
Operation: Northern Wind V
Santa Vs Grinch 09'

Creator of Op: Jungle Fury
Sniper rifle tech.
M24 Sniper Weapon System. HPA powered.
Barrett M82 SASR
M4 DMR system.
DWRacing39

Postby MajorHarrison » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Alright I will be there at 10 so volunteers can be there then as well. Please call me as you are pulling in the driveway of the field at 423-742-2557 so I can come meet you and the front to direct you for building.
Echo Company Member
ETSU Army ROTC Cadet
U.S. Army Infantry
MajorHarrison

Postby SPARKDOGG » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:45 am

This is great. Great intrust. This is what is needed for tri cities airsoft to grow, (in the right direction). Ill be there about 1:00

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Postby TomCruise » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:21 pm

RAWR,
I just got back and found i missed the Bulid days. DAMN!

tell me if this happens again..
TomCruise

Postby webbalex42 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:11 am

Will try to be there
webbalex42

Postby quick_trigger_cowboy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 am

Sorry it's taken me so long to jump back into this loop but I'll be out shortly to help get this stuff done!
-Show'em Hell, Kid

::: Battlemercs Airsoft :::
::: Mtn Men Malitia :::
::: Forrest TN Rifles :::
quick_trigger_cowboy

Previous

Return to Tri-Cities, TN