[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - AAR: OP Jungle Fury: LZ X-Ray Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

AAR: OP Jungle Fury: LZ X-Ray

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

AAR: OP Jungle Fury: LZ X-Ray

Postby MadJack » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:13 am

I was part of Cell 3 for the VC. We were tasked with hiding our supplies, then we formed up and pushed down to the LZ from the barn road. We held for several minutes but were pushed back to the truck. Myself and another player were dispatched to the road below the fire base to give support to that unit. Before we could set up a defense half of us took causalities including our medic. After bleeding out I returned to barn defense after rezing. The VC were soon pushed out of the barn, it took several attempts and many causalities we retook the the barn and started pushing the US back down to the LZ. I was detached from cell 3 to patrol down the hill behind the barn, we met light resistance and continued to patrol around the hill. I took a break to eat and get a little down time. Upon returning, we were back to barn security. After losing and retaking the barn, we setup for the final push of the day. The remaining VC took the fire base and prepared for the final push from the US forces. As far as we could tell the final push consisted of about 5 to 7 determined guys that took out a few of us, but when the order came to push out of the base and take over the hill we could not get anyone to exit the base which resulted in a less than spectacular ending to a very well ran game.

Overall the game was very well planed and played. The game devolved a little while everyone had to grab some sustenance, but once everyone was back on the field and the running and gunning were back things picked back up. My only suggestion is to enact what I have seen on other milsims, and that is to have a lunch period for those of us with desk jobs and the like to get some food and R&R (and maybe some ibuprofen) while the hard core (those better in shape and wishing to stay on the field) players are given small missions to keep them active and the game rolling while others take a break.

Thanks to all the game organizers, refs, and players that made this a great game!

Jack

Owner: North 40 Airsoft, LLC
MadJack

Re: AAR: OP Jungle Fury: LZ X-Ray

Postby MadJack » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:23 am

Add your own AARs to this topic. Let everyone know how you or your team did.
Jack

Owner: North 40 Airsoft, LLC
MadJack

Re: AAR: OP Jungle Fury: LZ X-Ray

Postby SPARKDOGG » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:48 am

Sorry for the long AAR. I had fun, I didn't get to play straight thru, due to guns issues, and field admin duties that came up. I want to thank GSF, and Echo company for a great game. Although it had some issues, I had fun. I want to thank everyone who came out. Big thanks to , the Theta Troop, Lancers, Tri Ops, CAP Sqaud, and all other teams that came out. Ok here's my day.

Woke to the sweet sound of Revolee. Twice... While cooking breakfest I heard the sound of the US tranports rolling in. After brifeing and team seperation, the US headed to the pick up location and got team brifed and sqauded up. As US XO, I took it upon myself to see that everyone in my transport got on and off with there gear ok. After getting both transports loaded with troops and the days water, supplys and props (mortars, mortar launcher, ammo crates, camo netting). We head to the Landing Zone. During the ride, we discuss transport exit and do radio checks. Pulling up in the landing zone, we waste no time depolying. Just as we all hit the deck and start to unload, I here the sound of "safty kills" to my right flank. Then shooting, then I watched the whole first wave of US destroyed, BBs coming from all directions. After the NVA let us know this wasn't going to be easy, they retreated enough for US to depoly and set up command. After useing some old tires and and a beat up Ford Tarus as command we mapped out our squad placement and started to issue missions. Third squad was up first. Shawn and myself went to releave half of third and sent them back to LZ to recive orders. Second squad was to take the barn, First sqaud was to advance up the big hill and check for NVA incampments.
The further US sqauds pushed out the thinner our defences got. After getting with our command RTO and getting updates from our squads on NVA postioons, we noticed a heavy smoke screen getting depolyed south of our postion. We set up and poured BBs into the smoke, but they still got thur. Again the NVA was all around us. After the battleing with them for a while, we were finelly able to get men into the tree lines and attemp to push then out of our LZ.
Thru out the day the US used great radio skills, but after about 4/5 hours batteris dies and players got tired and thirsty. I myself was worn down already. I headed up to camp for the R and R, as did many others.
After some rest, I was ordered to round everyone up at camp and rally up to the LZ. After meetiing up, we decided to retake the barn, while doing this our defences at the LZ folded and the NVA stole our mortars and launchers. We had to retrive them. We rallied the troops and brought it to them. Pushing down the road we took heavy fire, but finelly made it to the bottom of fire base Echo. After a lot of smoke and heavy casulties, we dicided to call it a day.
All and all good day. I will have some pictures and video up soon.

GSF supporter.
Echo Company Member
Mtn Men Malitia
Piney Flats Recon
Tri-Cities Mod

SPARKDOGG

Return to Tri-Cities, TN