[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - GSF After Action Report Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

GSF After Action Report

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

GSF After Action Report

Postby killertn » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Hey everyone, I am starting this page so that we can get feedback on the games held at GSF. There are a few people that help to write, organize, and run these games, myself included, and it would be awesome to have some community feedback. This will give everyone a chance to bash or praise the games and ideas we have. Some things that we would like to know include:

1. Most importantly, was the game fun?
2. What could we change to make it better?
3. Is the game worth playing again.
4. Do we need to take anything out to make the game better?
5. Was it fair for the team you were on?
6. Was there anything in particular that you enjoyed?

Just anything you can do to give us feedback will help with how we run the games. It won't hurt our feelings to be told a game sucks. We can use it as a learning experience. It really is a challenge to come up with new ideas and make it happen on game day. I am hoping that with everyone giving some feedback, things will only get better. It gives us the chance to see what the game was like for the people that were not reffing or playing as CO. I will try to keep this page updated after every game. Thanks again everyone for the input. This is going to make a difference. :mrgreen:

I thought we could start with the game on 1-28-12. Give some thoughts on the capture the CO game. Also what did everyone think about the respawn flag in the middle of the field? Was the mortar station effective? If there is anything you want to talk about, go for it.

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/myfragisfubar]
[/url]

Rest easy Big D.
TM VSR-10 G-Spec
KWA M9 PTP
killertn

Re: GSF After Action Report

Postby Kevin S » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

The game was grate Cool idea on the flags I think we could use that in other games as well
Kevin S
AirsoftVet

Postby 11Bravo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 am

The biggest problem I noticed was the medics. Neither team seemed to put any thought into the medic picking process more then to yell "who wants to be a medic." Green team had its medics running side by side and I'm not sure where tan teams medic were at, all I heard was medic, medic, medic. Medics need to be selected more carefully and they need to be instructed on their duties and reponsibilities. I kept finding medics off by themselves or out in front engaging in fire fights. They need to stay near their squads, out of the heavy fighting, and on their toes. Squad members depend on their medics to keep them in the game and objectives can be obtained easier with proper use of medics. CO's need to think about who their assigning these duties to.
Need to get more mission/special assignments issued. Too much fighting back and fourth for the same piece of property gets monotonous and boring. The games last Sat. were basiclly a fight for two or three locations all day. Breaking off with special missions will keep teams active, on the move and on their toes. I'm not saying the day was lame or anything, but it came dangerously close to becoming a dead lock.
When the tan team CO was captured, that was cool. Green team chose the right time to make that happen. Close to the end of the day and ending the game with an undeniable victory. Greet job gree team. BUT, tan team not only jacked the green team flag EARLY in the game, they did so with a green (rookie) squad. Watching all those noobs run accross the field at full speed was great!
I noticed the usual amount of people calling out call your hits and people not calling their hits. We had several cases of people actually come get a ref and point locations out (but not individual people) where people werent calling hits. Guys, if your not going to tell the refs who isnt calling their hits, why waste your breath and the refs time. We need to know EXACTLY who to talk with. And there may have been people leaving the bounderies of the field and coming back onto the property. Not the first time this has happened. We need to make sure people know not to leave the property and/ or not to go under the taped off property. Its cheating to go off property, go around a position, and then attack them. Lets play fair. Just because your inside a firing zone, doesnt mean you can go under the tape and relocate either.
Game was great though! Its being clear about rules and job duties and making sure people understand, you cheat, you'll be removed from the game. Cheat again, you'l go home. Be a habitual cheater and you'll be banned.
Weve only lost two people out of two hundred that have been out to the field to banning. Banning people isnt GSF goal, but the guys that operate the field will and should set the standard and let people know their seriouse about keeping the games under good running order and safe for EVERYBODY out at a game.
Mike and the other guys give up on trigger time to run and ref the games. Show them you appreciate their sacrifice by being an honest and trustable player when your out on the field.
I didnt think I'd ramble on this long. Sorry guys!
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

"Lets pepper soma a$$ boys!" Danny Markland RIP brother, you are missed.
11Bravo

Postby killertn » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 am

[/url]

Rest easy Big D.
TM VSR-10 G-Spec
KWA M9 PTP
killertn

Postby 11Bravo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:46 am

Radios will be great when it happens. But right now, theres a lack of them. What did people do before radios? RUNNERS I have used runners to relay orders and keep communications open. Assign a couple of runners to each squad and instruct them what their duties
Special positions like runners and medic, the biggest thing that needs to addressed is making sure they understand EXACTLY what their expected to do. And its very important that the CO select the right people for the jobs. Its a CO's job to lead, when you lead, you make command decisions and give orders. All others on the team just follow orders. The way you give the orders is how your team will play.
Medics need to stay towards the middle to rear of its squad until the squad is engaged in a fire fight and wounded start yelling for a medic. They shouldnt get themselves into a fire fight they cant get out of easily and be able to get to the wounded quick. They should never be anywhere near each other unless the entire command is moving together in force.
Runners will do just that...run. ALOT! If a squad looses coms, a faster, hyper, young buck and be instructed to locate CO and ask for instructions for his squad. Once he is issued the squad orders from CO (or XO) he is to get back to his squad quickly and relay the orders verbally. This works guys. And it works well if you use the right person.
Fulda Gap a few years ago, the MMM was on a NATO team and the CO of the team lost coms with the rest of the team. Were talking two hundred plus people on each team, so alot of people were clueless on platoon movement and location. I called Clay (TnRebel) to me and told him to get to command and find out where they need us to move. Off he went and gone in the woods. About ten minutes later, hear come Clay at full speed heading for our position, being fired at by the Warsaw team the whole way. We laid covering fire to help him get vto our lines, but he never missied a step. He relayed our orders, we advanced to the place we were needed, and we stomped out the enemy in our front, taking the position known as Hamburger Hill.
I picked the right man for the job and got it done. Thats what command decisions are.Had Clay not made it back in another five minutes, I would have sent another runner. Now, CDWC is a big place with alot of land where at GSF right now,were only using the small open part of the property. It will be easier and much quicker to use runners on the small area were using. Get people use to doing it now, they'll be able to handle the job when we start using the whole property again.
Bottum line: The CO needs to know who he's picking for the job. The CO's need to take an active command and a firm grip on every situation. Know your team. Break it down in mixxed groups of experienced and noob players in every squad. Choose your squad leaders carefully and make smart choices for medics and runners. I guarantee better results in game play.
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

11Bravo

Postby trevorst » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I realize that in todays military every troop has coms, it hasnt always been that way. Back in the day (gonna show my age here...) you were lucky to have coms between fire teams, yet communication was really the least of worries. It's my opinion that too many radios are worse than none, reason being; too much chatter... too many chiefs, not enough indians.

In the pre google days and Harrison and any of the other vets can, will and probably should correct me if I am wrong (and I say this from a USMC perspective not a US Army..) you had a squad made up of a squad leader and a medic and three 4 man fire teams. Each fire team leader should have coms and communicate directly to the squad leader who should be in direct communication to his direct CO (this is called a chain of command, its vital in most things in life even moreso in military). Even if the other people in the squad have coms they shouldnt be communicating with the squad leader, that breaks the chain of command and will cause disarray. The fire team leader should communicate directly to his fire team giving orders that came from the the squad leader, who got them from the CO (see that whole chain of command thing :D ). At the close proximity we operate at hand signals should suffice or as Bravo stated as a very last resort a runner. It should be the fire team leader who radio's the squad leader for a medic (or signals..) honestly the last thing you would do is yell "CORPSEMAN" or medic.. your asking to get your medic shot. I promise you if I hear medic yelled I will hold my position and pop him at the earliest opportunity.

What will improve games is (and Harrison's classes will help this immensely I believe) people realizing a chain of command. Strong leaders who understand a chain of command and how to dictate duties and missions to strong squad leaders who can effectively communicate to their fire team leaders, who drive the troop to his objective. Lone wolfism or Call of Dutyitis while fun is counterproductive to a mission. What will improve gameplay is STRONG communication at a squad level (and that does not absolutely require a radio.. yes it helps if the squad leader and fire team leaders have them but it is not required.)

Almost every person in the Tricities has a team or belongs to a team or whatnot, instead of getting together and shooting each other or whatever you do, practice communications and squad and fire team movements, then you can graduate to small unit tactics.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby 11Bravo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:40 am

Well said! :mrgreen:
GSF
Amatoy Moytoy

11Bravo

Postby killertn » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Alright everyone, it is time again to review this last weekend. Let us know what you thought of the scenario. What was more fun, attacking or defending? What did everyone think of the objectives? Was the game overall fun?

Also we tried something new with the money. I know this was the first run with it and we did learn a lot, but how did you like the ideas? I think Mike and I are going to work this out a little more. Would you be interested in doing it again? We didnt get to use everything on our support list, but we will in the future. We have more things like smoke screens, chemical attacks, and armor support. We just havent had time to get them worked out.

As always thanks again for the input. Be sure to post up here or pm me with thoughts or suggestions.
[/url]

Rest easy Big D.
TM VSR-10 G-Spec
KWA M9 PTP
killertn

Postby Marinelp1 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 pm

I really liked the game. I was on green and it was a lot easier to defend. The whole money idea was also cool. I think we should do that again.
DSG Magpul G&P Moe Carbine
G&P Viper
KWA SR12
Classic Army Custom M4
KWA MK II M1911
Marinelp1

Postby frogman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:27 pm

loved the games and just getting out and slingin some 6mm bb's Logan, thanks for the gun in the last 10 min. of the game btw 8)
G&p m4 magpuled out
G&p m4 special ops.
Custome CA M4
" high speed, low drag" " good to go".Freakin searching.assessing. "slayin bodies"
Mtn Men Malitia
frogman

Postby Marinelp1 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:10 pm

DSG Magpul G&P Moe Carbine
G&P Viper
KWA SR12
Classic Army Custom M4
KWA MK II M1911
Marinelp1

Postby nofear15115 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 am