GSF RECON After Action Report Feb25th

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

GSF RECON After Action Report Feb25th

Postby grabsomefun » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 am

We had 70 people out this week, AWESOME! I just want to thank everybody who made it out. Thanks to Jacob and James for doing a great job as Commanding Officers. I loved the concept of the game. With money being the intel,and to be collected during the 3 min. bleedouts by both teams.(GREAT IDEA). Both teams and its members had to take the money they had collected, and get it back to their C/O, Allowing the C/O to Purchase smoke screens, Air Strikes, Paratroopers, etc... Again Great Idea. The Player that wins mvp of the game is Austin ( No Fear), He holds the field record for the most Intel collected in 1 game, 10. That is one hard hard task. The objectives of the day were good but we need to add some twists and more objectives to the Mission. Also We need to lower the prices of any purchases made. It was a close day of fighting, but i have to give the edge to the green team.
With that being said I was getting alot of complaints about HIT CALLING. and not Complying with the rules set out. This will not be tolerated!!!!! If any of the the refs catch someone not calling hits, they will be warned only once,Then reported to me. Caught twice and you will be asked to leave the field!!! This is what stops people from coming out, Not Calling Hits, Bad Sportsmanship, and Childish acts, So lets clean this up, and get a good reputation as good sports at GSF RECON.. This is very important if we want to continue to grow into an airsoft field that people want to come play at.......One last thing..... DAEDRAGS, DEADRAGS, DEADRAGS, MANDATORY!!!

If anyone has any Feedback on the day in anyway Pos. or Neg. Please feel free to post up on this thread.

grabsomefun

Re: GSF RECON After Action Report Feb25th

Postby Nognitsy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:40 pm

On one side of the coin I've seen people calling hits and calling names, saying they saw a hit when they can't even see that the guy's already got his dead-rag out, and a windy day like this is perfect for people to start thinking they made a hit when they didn't.

On the other side, you don't have five plus people get through a ten foot long by three foot wide alley at a brisk walk when nine-plus people are pouring ammo down it on auto for the full ten seconds it takes for the group to get through. It'd be a stretch for one skinny dude to sprint through and say he didn't catch a pellet.

There have been some hits not called but screaming at the dude to call his hits isn't going to make things any better, so let's not, kay? For the record the people who have been calling other people's hits most loudly and consistently are almost never in a position to tell for sure whether it actually hit.

Now, on a positive note, it was a good game. Everything ran well. I don't think we had any terribly strong leaders or many people willing to coordinate with them on either side, so it looked like the team who got to defend had the advantage. I like the money, I liked the airstrikes. I would have liked to see some medics to make the fight over the wounded more interesting.

I had a fun day. I'll count it as a positive for sure.
http://www.totmma.com

Solve Every Problem
Nognitsy

Postby grabsomefun » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Eric's reply:
There have been some hits not called but screaming at the dude to call his hits isn't going to make things any better, so let's not, kay? For the record the people who have been calling other people's hits most loudly and consistently are almost never in a position to tell for sure whether it actually hit.

I completely agree with this statement!!! Also this causes confrontation that shouldn't happen.
There are 4 refs in action, and We try our best to be right on top of heavy engagement areas.
grabsomefun

Postby LeftyFlip » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 pm

The field in Honaker has a rule against calling out about hits. I personally think it's a good one, because I feel like accusing people of hit calling make people more likely to do it. Also anytime people get the impression the other team is cheating they are incredibly more likely to cheat. I had a great time at GSF on the 25th. Early in the game I thought some people who were relatively close weren't calling, then realized my gun was over-hopped so I was shooting over them. It's easy to think you're shooting someone when you're not, so just give them the benefit of the doubt. If you are really hitting them they'll eventually call it. One other thing that I want mention is safety kills, I've always understood that safety kills are for when you are too close to shoot someone. If you can't actually shoot someone they don't have to call it. Had a great time as always and really love what's happening at this field, just thought these were worth mentioning.
Back after a long break
LeftyFlip

Return to Tri-Cities, TN