[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Johnson City Bans Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Johnson City Bans

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Tri-Cities( Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol) TN area.

Moderator: SPARKDOGG

Johnson City Bans

Postby jdmnynja » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:33 pm

Is it really true that Johnson City completely has airsoft and paintball banned? It seems anytime I want to even look at anything like that it's extremely discouraging having to drive 30-45 minutes to wherever i want to go look for something at, and extremely painful on gasoline since it just keeps going up. Does anyone know if that can be appealed and if someone were to bring in a shop, could it be done? Johnson City would def. be a good spot for one, Kingsport and Bristol VA now both have shops and areas to play. I mean, positive growth means getting people involved everywhere, and teaching the fundamentals and manners of the sport. Growing in the Tri-Cities would need enthusiasts everywhere, and a local hub to hang out and play at is always a boost. Something needs to be done...Johnson City is just run by way to many cops and old people it seems like. Funny they can sell guns that kill you with real bullets, but they won't sell airsoft guns... Sorry if this is just out of the blue, but it really pisses me off because I really want to play, but I'm just not willing to travel so much for it. Don't have the time right now... :roll:

jdmnynja

Postby Not a Cheater » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:30 pm

I am a high speed PRO
Not a Cheater

Postby Faulken » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:56 am

Freelance Operator.
current association: N/A
Faulken

Postby MichaelFink » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:06 pm

MichaelFink

Postby creed20 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 pm

S.W.O.R.D.
ICS M4
KWA M9 PTP

Reed
creed20

Postby gman130 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:59 pm

No man fears to kneel before the God he trusts. Without faith, without belief in something, what are we? -Clive Owen

STAY FROSTY

OP: Jungler Fury- vet. (VC)

G&G M14 ver.4
gman130

Postby bigrik » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:43 pm

bigrik

Postby xandman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:59 pm

Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Faulken » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:04 pm

Freelance Operator.
current association: N/A
Faulken

Postby Axxis » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 am

Axxis

Postby Che » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm

if that is what the guy quoted you about air or gas or alternative gases, then why should it matter? AEGs man. if they quote the law incorrectly it still counts. if he thinks we just play with gas or air or alt gas then it's his own ignorance that makes aeg's legal.
iHasta la Victoria Siempre!
~Ernesto Guevara de la Serna

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
~Bertrand Russell
Che

Postby xandman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby Che » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:12 pm

you're absolutely right xandman. the operations of the airsoft gun are not what i am trying to question, though i worded it pretty plainly. i'm just saying that there could be a nice loophole depending on how they worded the written law. since they are technically spring/piston powered and not traditionally AIR powered, there may or may not be legal ramifications for playing airsoft. anyway. i don't care to argue semantics with you. i'm trying to push the cause in jc and if you disagree with me that's fine. i'm not disagreeable to being taught about things. but i do know how airsoft guns work so we're on the same page xandman, so thanks for the input, but working in the same office with municipal legal council kinda opens information to how to get around city laws. it's neat that if they word the law "air powered" then spring/piston powered" won't fit the law. it's even nicer if they use the word "regulated" rather than "powered" because then it technically WOULD exclude spring and aeg guns. anyway, xandman, thank you for the consideration (how is the job at parafrog?) i just like trying to circumvent the law when and if at all possible. best wishes from abingdon.
iHasta la Victoria Siempre!
~Ernesto Guevara de la Serna

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
~Bertrand Russell
Che

Postby xandman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Postby Katana » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:00 pm

"Men get arrested. Dogs get put down." - Rorschach
Katana

Next

Return to Tri-Cities, TN