[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - game at Jackson Field on Sept 21st! CANCELLED! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

game at Jackson Field on Sept 21st! CANCELLED!

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

game at Jackson Field on Sept 21st! CANCELLED!

Postby Beowolff » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:22 am

just a 'quick' heads up! trying to see what interest there would be for a 'possible' game here at Jackson Field on the 21st of this month.

detail and mission outline now in Jackson site's LOCAL EVENTS section.

if interested, please go there and sign up.

Beo

mission name:

Blow the Damned Fuel!

http://jacksonairsoft.freeforums.org/ja ... -t950.html

Last edited by Beowolff on Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:31 pm

screw up on date fixed... Sunday the 21st possible game.
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby airsoft-101 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:51 pm

umm what time should i be there if im going
Echo 1 G36c
airsoft-101

Postby vulrath » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 pm

vulrath

Postby airsoft-101 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Echo 1 G36c
airsoft-101

Postby Beowolff » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:25 pm

okay, killers. here's the map of the upcoming game...

note the two (marked in red) enemy fuel dumps...of which one MUST be taken out!

high explosives purchased, barrels in position. game is a go. this Sunday, assembly by 1:00, play by 1:30... prepare yourselves for combat, and good luck.
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:18 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Walmart » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:19 pm

Memphis was great, but now I play with the Lonestars!
Walmart

Postby Beowolff » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:29 am

that's okay... we ALWAYS (at a minimum) have at least 10 to 12 show up regardless, and we ALWAYS have a good time, regardless of numbers. sometimes if we plan a certain mission and can't get enough folk to run it, we switch (on the fly) to another mission of which we have and use several.

let me say this right here and right now... i NEVER promise ANY 'certain' amount of folk to play. almost NOBODY ever says... YES, I WILL DEFINITELY COME! the best they 'ever' say is...i might, or maybe, or i'll try, or i'll see... so please NEVER plan on coming down here to a certain amount of people...large or small. it ends up being what it ends up being. which is usually a good bunch and all out to have a good time.

if you are looking for a certain amount of player numbers to justify gas expense...you will ALWAYS be crap out of luck down here, for that is not what we are about down here. if you are looking for a certain amount of player numbers to justify FUN in an airsoft game, again, down here you will ALWAYS be crap out of luck, for once again, that is not what we are about down here.

to us, it ain't about numbers of anything...it's about quality of field and quality of the players we DO have. and the fun we have together. NOTHING else.

thanks for your interest anyway...

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:59 am

sorry...this game is cancelled.
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Walmart » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Memphis was great, but now I play with the Lonestars!
Walmart

Postby Beowolff » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:25 pm

i hear ya, Walmart, and no problems with you. but this time i had TOO many people worrying about numbers rather than quality of field and players. not just you or your comments, but all the way thru this thing. and true enough, a 'certain' amount of numbers greatly 'help' in the fun factor with ANY game. however numbers don't MAKE the game...or shouldn't...for anybody. i've had the most fun i've ever had (in any game) with a mere 8 players---and i'm sure others have too---because i was playing on a good field with a bunch of dedicated and fun-loving fighters. in fact, it a couple of games where we had 30 plus players...i had 'less' fun, cause we had too many to easily keep up with and too many players wanting to John Wayne/Rambo their way all over the place without sticking to the mission or following/taking direction. and it all turned into a cluster-ef of wild confusion and mayhem. go figure.

like i said, from the onset of this game i've been plagued by 'how many's coming?' and, 'before i commit do you think it'll be a big turnout?' and so on and on. and it has continued that way right on up till i got disgusted and cancelled.

we never know how many's coming. ever. these days most won't give you any sort of definite answer... i might, or maybe, or i'll see, or well, i want to come...but gosh i don't know, and so on. and yet whether one or twenty commits to show up---the field STILL has to be ready, which means trails cut (which costs gas and even more importantly lots and lots of personal time, etc, etc...) plans have to be made, missions formulated, supplies ready, props ready, etc, etc. a heck of a lot of work (and time and money too) goes into ANY game despite people that will commit or regardless of any people that will even show up. :?

all of that is a tremendous undertaking for zip, nada, nothing. all of that is a huge effort for twenty or thirty guys who 'say they want to play'...but then waffle along and won't make definite plans and intentions and 'commit' to be there.

and all of that is much to do about nothing for people only worried in a game's body count or field numbers. ---if you get my drift.

where as if we all just said, "hey...i want to play, and i'll be there (regardless of numbers) barring unforseen 'emergency' circumstances and try my best to have a good time no matter what!" then, our turnouts would be more plannable, more manageable, MORE fun, and a hell of a lot 'less' stressful and expensive on the field owners/mission planners.

we all talk the talk... but as i have witnessed time and time again... there are more talking the talk than 'walking the walk!'

anyway...as i said, no problems with you, Walmart. you and Crazy are my friends and welcome here any time... but as a whole, we in the airsoft community that REALLY want to play...needs to step up to the plate, stop waffling...and do our parts to encourage and actually PLAY more airsoft.

in reality, we need more players and less talkers. talk is cheap, and pretty useless too in the long haul, especially if nothing is accomplished by it. actually playing costs time, effort, and get up and go... and oh yeah, a bit of pocket money too.

i (and all of us field owners and mission planners) can provide the FREE fields, the props, the missions, the support, the web site, the supplies...everything a body needs. but we CAN'T actually provide the human bodies and place them on the field and cause them to take airsoft gun in hand and play.

that is something the PLAYERS must do for themselves.

'nuff said.

salute!
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Return to Jackson, TN