[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Game on at Jackson Field on the 19th Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Game on at Jackson Field on the 19th

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

Game on at Jackson Field on the 19th

Postby Beowolff » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:48 am

Here's our Zombie mission for next Sunday. We'll try it as is, if it works okay fine, if not, we can tweak it in game. We'll also do a refined smaller scale Blow the Damned Fuel mission or two. We'll probably do the fuel mission first, then the Zombie one last. Assembly time at 1:00 PM on Sunday the 19th (next Sunday.)

Beo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day One of Operation Good Neighbor:

Frightened by news that Taliban forces are moving into the area, the headman of a small, relatively unknown, self-governing province bordering both Afghanistan and Pakistan contacts ISI (Pakistan's Inter-services Intelligence Agency) asking for UN weapons and instructors to help equip and train a civilian-manned, local Defense Force for self-protection. Seeing a possible ally in the area and wanting to win the Hearts and Minds of the Afghanistan and Pakistan border people, the UN Command instantly agrees to the aid and authorizes Operation Good Neighbor.

Day Two:

A small unit of American Special Forces military advisors complete with weapons, ammunition, battle uniforms and other needful gear for the province’s new Defense Force is choppered into the area. The Huey sits down, all equipment and supplies are off-loaded, and the Huey lifts off for it’s return flight. The Green Berets diligently wait for the province’s headman and other important officials to meet them at the prearranged Landing Zone but become concerned when they do ‘not’ show up at the agreed upon time. The unit’s commander hopes that it is only a delay or mistake of communication, but he knows that if the locals do not show soon, he will have little choice but to recon the area to see what is going on.

Day Three:

By Noon the next day, it is apparent that no one from the province is coming…suspecting Taliban or Al Qaeda interference or even possible treachery from the locals (with possible Taliban and or Al Qaeda loyalties and or ties,) the US officer in charge of the Green Berets orders a recon in force to sweep the immediate locale and see what can be found out.

Soon and near the LZ, they discover a small village but it appears recently (and mysteriously) abandoned. As they enter the village, they come upon an opened, blue, Bio-Weapons canister with Russian Science War Department logos and markings on it‘s top and sides. While discussing this new development, suddenly several military-dressed individuals approach from the opposite side of the village. The strangers are immediately ordered to halt and identify themselves, but oddly, they do not. At this point, mention is made of the shambling, dragging motions the military types are making as the walk towards the American force. Upon closer inspection, it becomes apparent that the men moving towards them are dangerous…they appear infected with some sort of horrible disease (from the opened Bio-Weapons canister perhaps?) and suddenly the strangers stagger forward stiffly savagely attacking the shocked Americans. They have weapons, and they do use them, but truthfully, they appear to want to physically rip and tear into the American servicemen more than they want to shoot them with their guns.

At this point, the US soldiers are forced to use their own weapons to defend themselves with, but upon shooting down the strangers and after only a small delay, the dead ones stagger back to their feet and continue the attack as if the bullets had NO lasting impression upon them whatsoever!

It is then that the Americans realize that they are (obviously) being attacked by Zombies!

It doesn’t take the soldiers long to discover that on the 4th hit (right after the third reactivation,) the Zombies do seem to finally die…but this is a time consuming process and they are constantly losing people in the wild, ongoing melee…and once killed, the American soldiers too suddenly become Zombies (obviously being infected by personal contact from the contaminated Russian renegade Bio-War technicians and troopers) and immediately go after their previous friends and comrades with crazed hatred and unquenchable blood lust in their un-dead eyes.

A frantic radio call is made for an emergency rescue chopper and it is sent out immediately…but can the surviving American soldiers last long enough for it to get there and pick them up?

Operation Good Neighbor has turned into a twisted, hellish nightmare…rather than the friendly, helpful gesture it was intended to be. If the American unit goes down and is wiped out to the last man…it will truly become a Day of the Zombie!

GAME NOTES:

Rather than attempt to make this a straight up ‘COVENTIONAL’ Zombie plot/mission…I have introduced virus induced Zombies which do not act exactly like ordinary and well known movie and TV Zombies. For instance, headshots (being rather painful in airsoft games) will NOT kill them. In fact, only concentrated fire to the center mass will take one of OUR Zombies down!

So watch it okay? Do not purposely fire at anyone’s head! Center Mass please! For safety’s sake!

TWENTY FEET ENGAGEMENT RULE FOR AEG’s! SNIPER RIFLES NOT ALLOWED IN THIS GAME! ALL GUNS CHRONO’D…415fps (400 but allowing an additional 15 for break-in or errors) top limit using our .20 BB’s ONLY! If your gun is shooting hotter than this and you know it, just don’t bring it. Bring and use one that ‘will’ pass the FPS LIMIT or rent one of our field rental guns that we know for sure will pass the Chrono’s test.

This game is NOT numbers dependant! Any amount of players can play this game/mission and still have fun!

Game requires two teams of roughly equal amounts of players. US Special Forces Team, and the Zombie Team. Zombies will wear red rags tied to their uniforms to signify them as the undead. (I will provide the rags or you can use your own red, Dead Rags if you prefer.) Special Forces members being bitten and becoming Zombies must tie a red rag to their uniform ‘before’ attacking their previous Special Forces fellows.

Zombies must drop to a knee, hunker or fall (carefully) to the ground after being hit…waiting to a count of ten, they can respawn and reengage the Americans. However they only have 3 respawns. When they die the 4th time, they are considered truly dead and must return to the assemble area or withdraw to a safe distance from the combat and await the game’s end.

Any killed Special Forces soldiers likewise must take a knee, crouch or fall…wait to count of ten and RISE as undead Zombies (only after tying on a dead rag) and can then attack their previous friends. Same respawn rules apply…three respawns and completely dead if hit a 4th time. Then withdrawing to assemble or out of combat area.

Zombies must not run…but must shuffle along as if they are physically impaired. Zombies do not talk…but they do grunt, groan, moan---you know how it’s done.

Our Zombies ‘can’ fire weapons…they also can merely touch you and infect/kill you.

Game ends as time limit expires and whistle is blown or if ALL US soldiers are killed/infected.

As an additional fun factor…Zombies and or dead and reactivated US soldiers may wear zombie or undead Halloween masks during the game…however, the masks must in NO WAY replace, hinder or interfere with safety goggle use and operation!

This game/mission is supposed to be for kicks and fun…please conduct yourself like that! Be honest with your hits, and keep track of your respawns. Play fair and have a good time!

SALUTE!

more information later on other missions being ran...

check the Jackson Airsoft Field team forum for more information or questions.

http://jacksonairsoft.freeforums.org/

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Walmart » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:19 am

Alrighty Beo- with my new job, I will be SURE to be there.
Memphis was great, but now I play with the Lonestars!
Walmart

Postby Crazy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:39 pm

Horah Horay Crazy's off to Slay!!!!!
The name fits the owner.
Crazy

Postby Beowolff » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Crazy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:42 pm

The name fits the owner.
Crazy

Postby Beowolff » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Crazy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:42 pm

The name fits the owner.
Crazy

Postby Beowolff » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:51 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Crazy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:39 pm

The name fits the owner.
Crazy

Postby Beowolff » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:08 am

in case any of you haven't checked in on the Jackson site recently, new command post is 75 percent ready for use. it is useable as is, but i still lack the roof and some supports and touch ups... i hope to use it this Sunday, and i'll put the finishing touches on it later.

:D
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:41 am

some pic (and misc shots) updates of the field.

this was taken in my front yard where i have about two dozen deer frolic every day...a small one got startled and running for his momma.

the following are shots of the NEW Command Post.

new CP features camo-cloth siding/armor rather than tons of wood. this makes it much easier/quicker and actually less expensive to build. i tested the first layer today with a gun shooting 375fps... both single shot and repeated full automatic and at ranges from one inch to 100 feet...NO penetration of the fabric. though it did makes dimples in it (full auto in concentrated spot) they smoothed themselves out after a few seconds. now i have no doubt that a rifle shooting 450 to 500 will most likely penetrate the fabric (especially at 'closer' ranges) but then other than sniper rifles, NONE of our AEG's should be shooting THAT hot. and snipers shouldn't be engaging the CP at closer ranges anyway. now continueous and repeated full auto hits MAY eventually punch thru, if so, the fabric can simply be quickly replaced when it becomes a point to worry about. (ie when in near tatters as a 'few' holes shouldn't be a big prob.) or, i may just simply drop another layer atop the damaged one...if it comes to that and make it double strong (which i may eventually do anyway.) but for now, this is a much quicker, easier way to build a fort. and for the guy actually doing it...that makes a WORLD of difference. lol!

one interesting side effect of the camo cloth...the BB impacts are abnormally LOUD on it...actually sounding like hits on solid wood...i think the fabric gives and vibrates on impact, creating a sort of DRUM noise which is very intimidating...in the heat of battle, this should be exciting!

:wink:

much work is still needed, ie to sturdy the poles by adding more braces, to finish the door areas (which i have made smaller to make it harder to shoot into) the tarp top needs putting on and the top's rafters...etc, etc... but it's getting done and should be FULLY ready for combat very soon. in fact, i think it's useable now as long as nobody leans against the fabric and pushes thru it. d'oh! it's a work in progress as it always is here on the field.

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:58 am

24 hours till ZOMBIE time!

tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock!

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:44 am

Christ! will you all look at that forecast tomorrow?

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USTN0255_f.html

Perfect---i mean PERFECT airsoft playing weather! sunny enough to be beautiful up there on the hill, warm enough to make ya think of Spring, cool enough that we'll have to play HARD to break a sweat. can't beat it!

a day like Sunday (tomorrow) is gonna be THE golden playing time for airsoft... wow, it's beautiful up there on the hill too...still green, but with some of the trees just changing to gold, red and brown.

anyway, i did a bit more on the new CP today, also set up the tables at assembly, got the few chairs moved to it, got ice to cool down the water, etc. been charging batteries, filling magazines, getting my guns and my gear ready ALL night so at this point i am good to go. also got the blasting charges (to blow the fuel dump) in the carry bag and ready.

note: Mrs Beo should be home from work in the early evening, probably right after we start the first game...depending upon whether you lads want it or not, she will be prepared to GRILL plump and juicy Ball Park hotdogs for us. $3.00 for a dog, chip, water. cheap. and money to help the field out. (i need more posts and some more nails and such for the soon coming NEW sniper tower on the tall hill 'above' the new CP.) no biggy though, eat if you want/don't eat if ya don't want. i know 'im' gonna eat though as i can't pass up a grilled hotdog for jack-crap! lol!

big candy bars and bottled water available at the assembly table as usually. rental gun, BB's, smoke grenades too.

it's a go so put your Zombie (or Special Forces) killing boots on and come to kick arse and take names!

:wink:

Come one come all!

WHO WILL WIN?

Zombies?

Or Spec Ops?

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:14 pm

the answer to who will win, Zombie or Spec Op?

well...seems the undead are a bit lacking. :oops: Spec Op mopped the floor with us!

-------------------------

but anyhow,

awesome flipping game with a better turnout that i really expected. only 8 guys but 8 guys dedicated to having a BLAST, and consequently WE DID! :D

GREAT weather, completely perfect in every way. it just don't get any better than this was...not too hot, not too cold...just right in every way.

everyone came earlier or ontime so (for a change) game started right on time. by 1:30 we were in the bush and kicking arse. first "Blow the Damned Fuel" was a good game, but we flubbed it a bit by not having a time limit...took too long. after adjusting 'that' little detail, the next game (after reversing USA spec ops and enemy so that everybody got to attack and defend) was much slicker and went off without a hitch. the new CP worked a treat and took HEAVY enemy fire from several attackers. (got to tell ya that loud, vibrating "Thump! Thump! Thump!" of BB's hitting the fabric was VERY un-nerving. most of us noticed it and it will definitely make you feel panicked even though the BBs can't hit you thru it!) mr.anachronism and Walmart trapped a couple of us inside and gave us hell...eventually taking us both out and planting the demolition charge perfectly and blowing the fuel sky-high! what a GREAT performance by them! yoo-hoo!

next was Zombie killing time...me and Titan tried using the Halloween masks...but that was a BAD idea. lol! the masks trapped the heat and fogged the hell out of goggles resulting in us shooting blind for most of the first mission. the Spec Op's team pretty much mopped the floor with us Zombs. :oops:

after a short break and hotdogs, chips and ice cold drinks... we were back at it. though a few of us switched sides. this time i traded in my Classic Army M4 (which JUST did not have a good range) for my CYMA AK74...and playing as a Spec Op that time, i had some EXCELLENT kills for a change! that little 74 really reached out there and TOUCHED a LOT of players/ZOMBIES! sorry for that lip shot on you CRAZY... i didn't mean to shoot you in the face. trust me. :(

:D

after that it was nearly dark (we played all afternoon) so we called it a day. and i think EVERY ONE had a blast!

some things that stand out for me...

1.) my disgust with my malfunctioning Classic Army M4...shot fine but TOO weak to get far enough out for kills.
2.) the unexpected FEAR of the sound of those BB's hitting the fabric in the NEW command post! g'ah! very un-nerving!
3.) my admiration of Walmart and mr.anachronism's perfection of an attack on the NEW cp and their excellent demolition of the fuel dump up there! great work, guys!
4.) my surprise and chargrin of being NAILED by my own rifle (the M16 JG DMR...rented to Walmart) he was nailing us at incredible ranges! i saw him making shots with this gun at OVER 200 to 250 feet! i had no idea that this gun had THAT kind of range!
5.) the great tasting hotdogs cooked on the grill and served by Mrs Beo! Thanks, Pat! luv ya!
6.) seeing Titan fighting in his rubber Halloween mask...funny as hell.
7.) seeing us Zombies staggering out of the old CP to face the oncoming Green Berets...complete with us zombie grunting and howling for brains. lol!
8.) me popping about 4 or 5 or more undead in the last game where i was a Spec Op and with the excellent CYMA AK74. (a 100 dollar gun outshooting my Classic Army 300 dollar gun...g'ah! :cry:
9.) the EXCELLENT company of a bunch of dedicated airsoft friends and co-players! we had a blast sitting around drinking water and talking about stuff while in between games!

WHAT A SUPER DAY! thanks so much, friends, for coming out and honoring us with your fine playing and companionship!

Beowolff

PS...some pics up tomorrow as i am wore out right now and don't have it in me to upload them.
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Crazy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:47 pm

It was kick-ass I'll be sure to give you a hollar when you have your next game. And no hard feelings for the lip shot, that's what I get for being on the wrong team.
The name fits the owner.
Crazy

Next

Return to Jackson, TN