[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - JACKSON AREA interest, play field build! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

JACKSON AREA interest, play field build!

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

Postby Beowolff » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:20 pm

Last edited by Beowolff on Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:41 pm

Jadux

Postby Skidude » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:11 am

Skidude

Postby vinoex » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:49 am

vinoex

Postby Beowolff » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:03 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:11 pm

the last couple of days, i've been trying to get a handle on what we'll actually need to build the first of our buildings out of up here, the village/outpost or whatever. everything i've come up with so far seems too darned complicated or too darn hard for just the few of us to put together.

i know the bigger bunchs of AS players can easily erect large, well built structures...but as of this moment, we're talking about four or possibly five people and that's not very many. also, there's a material issue...though i have tons of junk...much of it able to be used as "supporting" or extra props for the field...now that i look at it, i don't actually have very much that you can really "build" things/buildings out of. doh!

so...i turned my mind this way and that and i thought of something easy, fairly fast to make...and that would require smaller amounts of material, and yet would "still" serve the same purpose. i went the "other" way mentally... not thinking of modern town buildings and city-like structures but rather more along the lines of PRIMITIVE dwellngs. like a primitive people would make---a camp. with roughly constructed "survival" type structures.

structures like these:

they would be fairly fast to construct, use local available (free) materials, easy for only the few of us to make, and most of all---be entirely proper for primitive people in a third world country to have built. and yeah, they might teach us some woodcraft too just for the heck of it! lol!

i think with three or four of these constructions, an oil drum or two, some woodpiles, a couple of campfire/cooking fire holes, a clothes line or two, a couple of camo-ed sandbagged or dug out gun positions---and maybe some radio or sat-type dish antennas... it might look entirely like a rebel force took over some primitive native village for its own use.

i don't know. thoughts oppinions, suggestions gladly heard on this. i'm not locking it in...just trying to use my noggin to come up with easy ways we can build a useable village prop to defend and or assault in our games. this was just something i thought of.

Beowolff
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Sephis » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:31 pm

"Why always the fighting?"
Sephis

Postby Jadux » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:07 pm

Jadux

Postby Skidude » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:57 pm

Skidude
Skidude

Postby Beowolff » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:41 am

Jadux... i believe that Troll has to attend SWAT classes "next" weekend (not this one but the next)... but i'm free and should have some stuff going on out here. can you come out say that Sunday morning? (October 7th) like around 10 or 11-nish to lend a hand doing a few things. even if we don't get a lot done, it'll give you a chance to eyeball the field and maybe add some input. and if you've got some airsoft interested friends/relatives, bring them along too.

at the least i'd like to get some small things started...to make if feel a bit more like an AS field and less like an empty lot. lol. maybe the following week, you and Troll both can come down and help some more.

Alex...Sephis, you guys are welcome too...though i know/think Sephis is a bit far away right now in school (Alex, you know where i live.)

let me know, okay.

i should have all of the village/fort area cleared by then, with firezones/fields of fire chopped out. also some posts/etc stuff moved up there along with some tools...pic, shovels, axe, post hole digger, etc. my powersaw/chainsaw bit the dust last year...but i'm trying to borrow one which will be a BIG help.

at the very least Oct. 7th i'd like to sort of map out the village/fort areas and get a general idea of where everything will be sitting.

if Skidude, Sniper and gang makes it down this weekend, perhaps they can also give good ideas/suggestions.

Beowolff
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:31 am

Next Sunday sounds great. So far I am free and I can make it. I can't wait to get started on this. If Skidude and gang are coming this weekend, I would also like to make it down then too so I can meet all yous guys.
Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:42 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Mark Twain: