[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - JACKSON AREA interest, play field build! Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

JACKSON AREA interest, play field build!

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

Postby Beowolff » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:59 pm

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:56 am

Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:21 am

well, as everyone likely knows by now, we had a GREAT first game out at the Jackson field. yay! :D

(see the First Game posting for more details)

now, i put my thinking cap on this morning (shock! lol!) and i remembered "several" people mentioning that the CP and field area reminds them of Vietnam (or what they think of as being Vietnam-ish, i guess due to photos/movies, etc.) and they're right---it does seem very Vietnam-ish. even to me...who ought to know.

i dunno' why that is. but yeah, it "does" sort of look/feel like the Highlands of Vietnam. sure, it's not near anywhere near the same exact vegatation...but overall, it does have that impression. i've sort've felt that ever since i bought the place (maybe that's WHY i bought the place) and when i built the CP, it sort of unconciously turned out a lot like the ones i saw over there. the hill it's built on with the terraced land ever-sloping downwards...is perfect for a "protect" the friendly village game, and i fully intend to get a native village built so the CP CAN protect it...or try to.

so, what i was wondering to you guys about is (since we all sort've had that impression) should we consider coming up with some proper Vietnam-style games to capitalize on its likeness? we could even plan out an entire operation...a realistic or rather historic Op, for a future throw-down/get together. what do you think? sound fun?

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:47 am

guys now that T-Day is over with, who's up for a BEFORE Christmas game? :lol:

i know that this time of year is hellish due to work/parties and get togethers/family obligations/school efforts/Chistmas shopping/church activities/etc, etc... that's a given, but will it be possibly for us to get one more game in BEFORE Christmas?

that last weekend "before" Christmas will be very tough for most of us, as things usually get CRAZY then... but that still gives us basically three weekends to maybe do some shooting.

i'm off next weekend...Saturday AND Sunday...so that would be great for me as i'm usually NOT off Saturdays at all (this was a fluke in the schedule evidently...lol) so next weekend then, the 1st and OR the 2nd of Dec. would be great for me... but i don't know about the rest of you guys.

again, i can play ANY Sunday up until the last one before Christmas...but the only free Saturday's gonna' be next week. it does not matter to me.

can you guys please check your schedule for the next few weekends and maybe come back here with times (if any) that might be good for you to play so that we can get a roll call going and make plans?

thanks a million... :D

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Sephis » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:59 pm

I'll be available December 1st, 8th, and the 15th, as well as the 17th through the 21st. The rest of my schedule is full up till the middle of January.
"Why always the fighting?"
Sephis

game

Postby lighthouse » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:22 pm

Echo 1 M16 A4

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
lighthouse

Postby Jadux » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Jadux

Postby vinoex » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:14 pm

vinoex

Postby Beowolff » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:49 pm

okay, from what i can tell, it looks like "later" in the month (December) might be best for most of the players around here... this Saturday will be my only Saturday off for the entire month (forever?) so for me it would have to be a later Sunday as well which is fine by me.

so based off everyone's stated times...

how about the 16th of December?

i know that's a Sunday and a week before Christmas but it appears to accomodate the greatest majority of the players. (very sorry you can't make it down, Mike/Jadux! maybe into January you'll have some free time to get down here. BUT, how 'bout your friends that played? Reckon they might make it or could you ask them?)

i've also had interest expressed from some other guys, but don't know their status yet.

we really need a min of eight to twelve guys for a good operation. or at least it would be better if we had that many or more.

i'll start a roll call for this date on a NEW dated thread and see how it stacks up...if we can get enough to go forward then great, if we have to cancel then we just have to cancel it.

Beowolff
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Actually, looking at my schedule, it looks like the 16th is the only weekend I may be able to make it down. It falls right in between the end of finals and before I leave for chrstmas. I'll talk to my Nashville buddies and see if they want to make it. I don't know if they would come cause Jody is the only one out of them that has a car and he has been a little iffy about driving on the interstate lately. On friday, I was with him and we had a blowout on the way to Nashville Airsoft. The rest of his tires look like they've had better days also.

P.S. I'm not gonna sign up for the roll call yet until I know I can make it.
Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:09 pm

sounds cool, bud! :D just let us know soon as you can. hope your bud get's some good tires soon!

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:51 pm

My friends can't make it down, but it looks like a go to me.
Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 am

Last edited by Beowolff on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:30 am

Sweet :P

By the way, you mean the game on the 16th?
Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:01 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

PreviousNext

Return to Jackson, TN