[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - proposed Jackson AS field air photo Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

proposed Jackson AS field air photo

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

proposed Jackson AS field air photo

Postby Beowolff » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:46 am

here's an old (1996/97) air photo of the proposed AS field. i know it's crappy, but the only one i could find right off, and it does at least give a general idea of the lay of the land.

keep in mind...that was several years ago. the timber has been cut since then...so a lot of the HUGE old trees are gone...but much HEAVY small growth has taken its place. the clear looking areas are NOT clear...but rather grass, much of it tall and thick, with many smaller bushes. trails are even now being cut thru the grass, but it will not be cleared off (except around the installation/village sites,) so as to leave plenty of cover.

look at the map carefully, note the "start" of the trail area as marked. this is actually along a hilltop or top of a wide ridgeline. you can make out "other" ridgelines further down the map---as you go down in elevation...or "down" the incline of the hill. in between each ridgeline is a flat or semi-flat, field like area (now over grown with grass, trees, bushes, etc.) as you go down each ridgeline, you are going lower and lower....much like stepping stones. when you reach the complete BOTTOM of the stepping stone-like ridges...there is a swamp. we will NOT play there! lol!

back up at the top of the first or upper most ridge near the forest...where i have the village marked, is a sort of point. a cool place with a good overview of the land around it and pretty defendable.

in fact, all of the ridgelines are very defendable and will be tough to take.

here's the map/photo.

Beowolff

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby vinoex » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:25 am

vinoex

Postby Beowolff » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby vinoex » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:39 pm

vinoex

Postby vinoex » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:03 pm

vinoex

Postby Jadux » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:49 pm

Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:41 pm

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:16 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby vinoex » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:18 am

vinoex

Postby Beowolff » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:27 am

well, it's a fairly large area---but not TOO large... so whatever you think...but i'm thinking small scale. something that we can communicate to each other over two-way radios and sort of accurately "plot" out either our own---or enemy, positions with. also be good (i think) for plotting routes to objectives...like a "squawk! chopper down in sector 3!" kind of radio message. lol! and we'd more or less know where to go to get to sector 3 by looking at a map.

i dunno, bud...whatever you think. i'm certainly no map nor navigation expert by any means. i'll go with anything you can come up with for us.

(btw, wished you could have been down here yesterday...a nice meet with Billy/Sniper/ Jadux. had a great time checking out the field, some niffty airsoft guns and just hanging out and conversing airsoft with friendly guys!)

thanks for your help with this, btw...

Beo
Last edited by Beowolff on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby vinoex » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:27 am

vinoex

Postby vinoex » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:48 pm

This is done on a 100m UTM grid. Enjoy.
vinoex

Postby vinoex » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:59 pm

I have a better copy that I can e-mail anyone that wants it. I don't know why, but it blured up when I uploaded it to photobucket.
vinoex

Postby Beowolff » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:53 pm

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby vinoex » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:04 pm

I would suggest laminating it. That way you can write on it with dry erase markers. I'll get out there after I get back from my honey moon or if I get some free time on a weekend.
vinoex

Next

Return to Jackson, TN