[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Jackson Build Days Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Jackson Build Days

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

Jackson Build Days

Postby Beowolff » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:52 am

okay, i think everyone knows that we're trying to get something going out here in the following driving/playing areas;

Jackson/Henderson/Selmer/Milan/Humbolt/Trenton/Martin/Bruceton/Etc, other additional easy driving areas.

i've set aside a dedicated playing field for development, and actually started construction...and i think it's progressing along nicely even with just my old arse working on it (with a spot of help from my wife here and there---bless her! :wink: ) already several nice trails are blazed/cut, a Command Post/Bunker is started and like maybe 90 percent finished, props are hauled up and ready for installation, etc... looking good for a start.

however, there is just simply too much to do in creating a nice place for just one or two people to do. that's why i called for a build day.

i AM NOT doing this for myself...but rather for YOU guys and the love of the sport. so, if you live in the immediate area (easy driving range) and you want a good, safe, no hassle place to come on a regular basis and play the game or mount operations---now's the time to become involved.

i've had several members contact me for phone numbers and driving directions/address...which i think i've replied to all (fingers crossed) but have heard nothing further since then. i figure there's others in the area that are members that visit infrequently or even lurkers to the board that live around here but just never signed up (on the forum) but have an interest in the sport/game... and to all of those... i extend a friendly "hello!" and repeat... this is the time to become involved.

good, safe, hassle free places to play airsoft do not grow on trees... nor do they just "appear" with the magical wave of a hand. sure, if you're happy with only backyard skirmishes, playing in a pasture or barn on occasion, driving two to six hours to get to a more distant field...etc, etc... that's okay and good for you. however, if you want something more than the above...a dedicated gaming LOCAL place to battle it out in pickup games or even in larger, full bore operations---then think seriously about THIS field. as i said, airsoft fields are not magically created out of thin air---they are BUILT by the airsoft community/players. and if you're a local airsoft player---that means you.

i understand that everyone has lives "outside of the game," church, school, school activities, ball games, jobs, girlfriends, other friends, family, etc... we all have those things...and surely at some point any or all of them may or rather "will" interfere with your sport/playing/whatever... this is just life... however, if you are truly into the game (or just think you might be) you have to find a balance somewhere... a way to handle life, and at the same time, a way to get out and play. and there's always a way to do it all, just sometimes you have to search for it/figure it out. :wink:

i guess what i'm saying is this... if you want to play and you live around here... don't sit on the sidelines on this. don't adopt a, "let's wait and see how it goes or i'm just too busy right now" approach and or attitude on it. the time is NOW---while the building is starting. jump in here and contribute your ideas, muscle and a little sweat. help us build a field to be proud of...then join in and USE it to play on.

money donations are gladly accepted, but NOT mandatory...i'm footing 99 percent of it as i can. however, i can't possibly do ALL the work alone.

that's where YOU have to step up and say, "i'll help you do this thing."

i have a "firm" commitment from Jadux out of Martin (loads of thanks, Mike! :D ) but so far, he's the only one i've seen down here. and some moral support/technical from a couple of others... but with just the one or two of us working, it will take a very L_O_N_G time to build a good field down here. lol!

step up... for yourself AND your sport. let us become a COMMUNITY down here.

salute!

Beowolff

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:33 pm

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house