[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - possible jackson field mission? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

possible jackson field mission?

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

possible jackson field mission?

Postby Beowolff » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:24 am

Note: did not put this in the general Scenario section since this is a "field" specific mission...ie Jackson Field.

hey guys, i didn't hear back from anyone on my comment about realistic or possible historic Vietnam or Vietnam-styled missions for the field... so as i had some time after my big T-Day supper tonight, i worked a quick one up anyway. it's basically a standard Pilot Rescue type mission, but one worked to fit our field. i believe that it is fairly simple and straighforward and could be conducted with only a handful of players...ie most likely would need at least six or so, to carry out with any fun. but of course could accomodate MANY times that number if they were available. thoughts, ideas, suggestions/modifications appreciated, naturally.

Attention Bravo Base.

A few minutes ago, a low flying USAF RB-66 reconnaissance bomber on a routine intelligence photo-sweep was shot down by an unexpected enemy SAM missile near your location.

RB-66 stock photo:

Stock Photo of SAM air to air hit:

One of the bomber’s crew, we believe the pilot, managed to successfully eject and chute down into the bush…somewhere in the no man’s land between Bravo and the closest known enemy outpost.

Stock photo of parachuting pilot:

Based on known wind directions and speeds at the time of the shoot down, our experts have plotted a “rough” landing zone for where the pilot “may” have hit ground. He may or may not be wounded or injured, we have had no contact with him since his ejection and do not know his current physical status.

Bravo’s mission is to posthaste send out a rescue team of highly trained and motivated Rangers to the pilot’s approximate ground location where they will search for and retrieve “said” pilot. This will be a hot one, as there is no doubt that the enemy is fully aware of the shoot down---and the pilot’s subsequent ejection---and will be racing in at full tilt to capture or kill our man. Please note that alive or dead, he will serve their propaganda purposes well as we have repeatedly denied (for political reasons) R&I over-flights of USAF aircraft to that particular zone. We must “not” allow the enemy to turn this to their advantage.

Actual mission parameters/particulars are being left up to the Bravo Base commander, his S2, and the chosen mission team leader. The main directive is to RESCUE this pilot or recover his body ASAP and at all costs. Contact with the enemy is to be avoided if possible (this is NOT a combat mission) but the rescue team WILL be expected to use whatever force is deemed necessary to carry out this “very” sensitive assignment. The recovered pilot (or his body) should be taken (without delay) to the Brigade Safe Zone.

Stock photo of Bravo Base:

Stock photo of Bravo Base personnel:

Classified mission map:

right click on mission map and download or save then use window's preview to view and zoom in for more map/mission details.

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.”
Beowolff

Mission

Postby lighthouse » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:43 am

Sounds good.

We might even have the pilot go to his location and then flip a coin as to which side of the field the good guys come from and which side the bad guys come from. If the pilot doesn't know if he is running away from the bad guys or right into their arms he will have to be a lot more careful about which direction he takes off in. If he knows where the enemy is and where the rangers are at the beginning all he has to do is take off sprinting towards his team. The lack of this knowledge would simulate the realism of being shot down and being a little disoriented.
Echo 1 M16 A4

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
lighthouse

Postby Beowolff » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:27 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby SOG WAG3S » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:12 pm

I think this sounds great Beo!!! I think the pilot should have a MP5, P90, or a pistol with only 1 clip (low cap for MP5 or P90). The sheet idea sounds fine for a parachute substitute. I believe the "injured" idea would work great. I like airsoft missions where it could turn out any way, if the enemy captures the pilot first, it would become an offensive mission for the Rangers (you said rangers right??).

If the Rangers rescued the pilot, they could go back to Bravo Base and wait on extraction (maybe a truck coming up after 15 minutes of defending??)

This sounds fun, especially with 15 or so people....7 Rangers, 1 pilot, and
7 enemies. Im sure some Memphis people would come up, including myself (if the date works with me).
SOG WAG3S

Postby Beowolff » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:30 pm

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby vinoex » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:24 am

vinoex

Postby MASTER-CHIEF26 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:02 pm

If you won't stand behind our brave soldiers at least have the courage to stand in front!
MASTER-CHIEF26

Return to Jackson, TN