[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - well all right...plain talk Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

well all right...plain talk

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

well all right...plain talk

Postby Beowolff » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:56 am

guys... are we checking our PMs? or what's the deal? i know these are busy times (holidays) and everyone is in a rush. but to keep in close contact about the field work, game timing/schedules, other important things...i've recently sent "several" PMs about important things i needed to check with some of you on and either the PM's were read with no reply or just simply allowed to sit in the outbox until i finally gave up and deleted it out of disgust.

:?

is something going on with the site...ie, forum software issues? or have i accidently stepped on toes somehow and unknowingly whizzed off some people? or again, what's the deal?

if there is a site/forum delivery problem, let me know and i'll talk to Billy/Glen or Zen... if there's a "personal" problem with me over something, then i'd appreciate a "man to man" communication back to reveal to me my dastardly crime or wrong-doing. i'm a straightup guy and i like to deal with things straight up and head on. i have no time nor inclination for pouting or being angry or whatever.

reading and dismissing sent PMs that obviously ask for a reply is rather on the rude side... letting them sit unread for days and days on end also isn't that cool, especially when i "see" the person i sent it to online several times. if i sent a PM to you or you one to me then it must be something not actually meant for open posting on the forum for whatever reason...but if the PM isn't answered or at least acknowledged then it may very well FORCE an open forum posting merely to try and get a reply.

make sense?

it ought to.

we're not a team here (yet) nor any sort of official league or whatever...and i'm not some high and mighty overlord demanding you to respond to PMs. i wouldn't do that even if i did have such authority (which i don't and wouldn't have for love nor money anyway,) and it's up to you as individuals whether you do or you don't read or reply to my messages. however, and i'll put this very plainly...if you don't show simple common courtesy to me, then why in the hell should you expect it BACK from me?

simple as that.

i'm running my tail off down here (and working it off too) so that everyone can have a fun, GROWING place to enjoy airsoft. i'm donating the land and my time---free. i've personally already spent several hundred dollars on the field. Jadux, has also invested a large chunk of money and effort. whether "you" as players choose to take advantage of this spent money and physical efforts is up to you. but bottomline is, i ain't got no time for silliness. if i've somehow "bothered" or whizzed in somebody's oats---it's news to me---and if i have, i'm very open to discussing it or talking it over. and if i've somehow made a mistake and messed somebody up somehow then i'm man enough to admit it and try to work it out. ---that is, IF i know what i did.

and again, if there's a site technical difficulty, let me know via this thread and i'm sure that one of the Admins will take care of it asap.

i try real hard to be a nice guy and do right by each and every one of you players and or potential players... and i debated for a long bit before i posted this up, cause i didn't want to upset anybody... but then i thought, okay, enough is enough. if me being straight forward with everybody causes them NOT to want to play on the field here...so be it. i'll just keep on building it anyway and eventually i'll get 'er done and it'll be of good quality and "other" dedicated players WILL come and play on it and enjoy it and have fun on it. and that's just how it is. in other words, i'd be sad if some or all of you guys decided not to play here, but it ain't like i'd quit supporting the Jackson and Tennessee airsoft efforts "because" of that.

i've got a vision of the Jackson Field here being a REALLY top notch place to play...and soon. i've invited "everyone" to be a part of it...free of charge. but i can't make ANYBODY join in. and wouldn't if i could. and i'm not gonna' sit around here and be upset or worried over it one way or the other. i just ain't.

and that's just how it is.

thanks for reading this.

Beowolff

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Genphlux » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:21 am

-Brandon
Genphlux
Site Admin

Postby Skidude » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:17 pm

Skidude

Postby Beowolff » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:47 pm

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:51 am

okay, part of the mystery cleared up... apparently "pop up" blockers or very high security settings MAY prevent the normal PM box from jumping up to alert people that they've got a message in their box. only way around this is to do away with the blockers/high settings/whatever...NOT recommended! or the better way is simply check your PMs ever so often to see if anything new is in there.

as i said, that clears up "some" of the controversy here... some of it also could be related to the "full" in-box thingy that Skidude mentioned as well.

as i said earlier... no worries, as i'm now cool. but if you read thru the postings you might get a feel for why i was concerned over this. i'm working hard to do good down here, and having some medical problems too, as well as other personal issues, so i'm a bit on edge the last few days. sorry for the Mad Minute! :?

Beowolff
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Return to Jackson, TN