[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - new ideas on mission props Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

new ideas on mission props

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

new ideas on mission props

Postby Beowolff » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:28 pm

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.â€
Beowolff

Postby Jadux » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 am

Jadux

Postby Beowolff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:21 am

i've never tried the balloon idea...Troll just mentioned it...according to him they could be punctured, but it wasn't easy. seems odd don't it that a BB traveling at 350 fps or better would bounce off a thin rubber balloon...when they have no trouble ripping thru cardboard? lol... yet i can see where that could easily happen. you're right, Mike, it might be that the water aids in puncture...keeping the rubber from "flexing" during BB impact. again, we'll have to try it and see how it goes.

i do like the flag pole idea too... yet not sure how to make a flag pole... doh! i guess a tall, skinny sapling would do, but don't know how to rig the lines to hoist the flag. ?? i'll dwell on it though, surely something will come to me.

last night i had an idea for a workable BB mortar...but don't want to go into details yet until i've had a chance to see if it's feasible.

anyway, keep the ideas coming!

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby JohanssenJr » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:27 am

JohanssenJr

A thought...

Postby manakari » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:28 am

manakari

Re: A thought...

Postby Beowolff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 am

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:36 am

vulrath

Destroy the command post

Postby lighthouse » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:54 pm

Echo 1 M16 A4

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
lighthouse

Postby Beowolff » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:00 pm

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby manakari » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:10 am

To do what he said about a remote type thing it can be done at a very low cost. All you need is the correct materials (I can not tell you what or how in a public setting though) It DOES work as long as you do not over charge the wiring like I did.. in the house no less. If you want to know more PM me and I will send you a list.
manakari

Postby shevrock » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:04 pm

you could probably a nuclear material mission. sorta like capture the flag, but with a weird twist. you know the game with one flag in the middle, and you have to get it back to your base, basically that, but different. so get a metal lunch box and spray paint it black. then put a nuclear material sign on it.

Then you designate a few people with only pistols or short range low fps gun, and they can pick it up. because the thing is nuclear[so to say]. they have a small group,say 4, that has to travel with the designated carriers. they cannot touch the box. oh the teams have to have something to put the lunch box in. say a slightly bigger case. Because if they don't their sent back to the spawn point because they died. when a team holding it is eliminated, they have to take the lunch box out of their carrier. and the other team can pick t up, only if they have a designated carrier.

A non-designated carrier cannot pick it up. nor can he carry the box the lunch box is in. after the designated carrier has gotten it to their spawn, they have to "detox" it. for that just put the lunch box on a table, and start BIG timer. When the timer counts down and finishes that team wins. While the nuclear material is at spawn a secondary spawn must be used, because only the designated carrier and the team of 4 can be their. also the 4 and the carry have to "detox" somehow to. haven't figured that out.

the other team can assault while they are detoxing. But remember only the 4 can be in the base. the others can be around it. the 4 and designated carrier can take out the material and get it back to their base. then try to "detox" it.
That's more of a game mode than a prop thing isn't it. oh well. and actual prop is drop down walls. put up a wall with a large square cut out for another board, then attacks hinges to the bottom of the hole. then attach another board to the hole cut out, and make it so something can be sot to bring the wall down, like they shot the wall out.

P.S i think this is my longest post on this forum. :D :twisted:
shevrock

Postby Beowolff » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:14 pm

that's a good idea, shev... we will definitely consider such a mission for the field. :wink:

thanks,

Beo
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby shevrock » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:39 pm

shevrock

Postby 9th SFG Trogdor » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:57 pm

Dying Knight Productions
9th SFG Trogdor

Postby shevrock » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:55 pm

Another one is less complicated i think. pretty basic attack and defend,with a twist. [i feel like m night Shamalan,though i can't spell his name.] You have say four bases, each one with an objective. something as simple as take the blue ball out of basket and put it into your teams basket at same objective. afte3r a team has controlled an objective point they can spawn their. but only one away from the next. say theirs 1 2 3 4. team 1 has up to 3. team 2 only has 4. team one can only spawn at 2. that way theirs no flooding.

now to the so called twist. after every capture their are no spawns for 5 minutes[or something else appropriate]. once again you'll need a big timer with a bell. That's not it by the way. you have o go back to your base [aka base 1 and 4] after each capture, so each base needs bells.

this onesounded better in my head, but you should get a bunch of bells.
shevrock

Next

Return to Jackson, TN