[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Jackson Area Team Name Thread Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Jackson Area Team Name Thread

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Jackson, TN area.

Moderators: lighthouse, SweetRevenge

Postby troll_doc » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.”
Harry S Truman
troll_doc

Postby Sephis » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:50 pm

JACK-Jackson Area Contract Killers- If we wanted to go with an "army for hire" motif.

Umm, I'm all out. Oh well, I'll try to think of some more.
"Why always the fighting?"
Sephis

Postby Jadux » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Jadux

Postby Timmy T. » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Timmy T.

Postby lighthouse » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:41 pm

Echo 1 M16 A4

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
lighthouse

Postby Beowolff » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Mark Twain:
“I’ve seen people burn down their house
to get rid of ants, but I never figured that
worked as well as they thought it would.”
Beowolff

Postby Beowolff » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:11 am

some good suggestions on the table already.

i'll throw some out too:

JACKSON AREA WEREWOLVES

JACKSON AREA AIRBORNE DETACHMENT

FIGHTING VOLUNTEERS "OR" JACKSON AREA VOLUNTEERS

TENNESSEE SCOUT DETACHMENT "OR" CHICKASAW AREA SCOUTS

Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby SweetRevenge » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:45 pm

* Revenge is tha sweetest thing next to gettin Pusshy *

--KWA M4 RIS--
--TSD AK47--
--JG AK47--
SweetRevenge

Postby lighthouse » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:47 pm

Echo 1 M16 A4

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
lighthouse

Postby SweetRevenge » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:14 pm

* Revenge is tha sweetest thing next to gettin Pusshy *

--KWA M4 RIS--
--TSD AK47--
--JG AK47--
SweetRevenge

Postby Beowolff » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:26 pm

well, from what i can see... we could be at this awhile. i like near every idea so far submitted... but for one reason or another, many of them sound a bit "stretched" or very similiar to other well known teams/units. and i'd really like ours to be pretty different and unique... something that describes us...and again with a "salty" or "rough and tumble" edge, but without going over the top and into the overly used and very tired "kill 'em all---let God sort 'em out!" range. i think Jadux's original idea...with a little twist, probably covers us best. *more on that in a second.

i've given the entire "group" concept a good going over in my mind these last few days too... trying to come up with something that (hopefully) will fit the bill for everyone. we can name or pretend ourselves to be nearly anything we want...however, it seems somewhat sillly to me for us to be "overly" ambitious, especially at this very early stage. our numbers are for now, small-ish... so i propose that we use that to an advantage---and concentrate on our size to turn it to an advantage. we're about "small" Platoon size...in comparison to army units...so i propose we think/act/train/fight like a platoon. and array ourselves accordingly.

Platoon Definition:

Platoon: Composed of two or more squads and led by a Platoon Leader, usually a Second Lieutenant supported by a platoon sergeant (Sergeant First Class).

my thoughts are that we form into a platoon-minded/sized unit. with two squads in the platoon, with two fire teams or sections within each squad.

i'm not talking about going whole-hog mil-sim here...with actual ranks, standing at attention or such "gung-ho" stuff/nonsense...but with a Platoon Commander in overall charge for Strategy & Planning, a Platoon NCO to help with that and pass it down to Squad level, Squad NCO's to digest it and then pass it down to Fire Teams, and then Fire Team Leaders to actually implement/put those plans/actions into effect in the field.

based on many things...but among those things...age, availability, closeness to field (for obvious reasons,) current job or school work load/status...etc... this is how i see it. some positions are double and triple duty...until we grow at least.

Platoon Leader-me
Platoon NCO-Lighthouse
Squad Leaders/NCO's... Lighthouse/Sweet Revenge

both Squad Leaders would also have to double as Fire Team or Section Leaders as well. And pick their own (on a rotation basis perhaps) additional Fire Team or Section Leaders (as their would be 2 teams to a squad)

*at this point and with the above proposal... using a mixed idea from both Jadux's original suggestion and one of my own... i prepared this as a working overall proposal for our group:

I feel that it pretty well covers our general style, outlook and overall intention and should serve us well on the battlefield or wherever we might end up in our Airsoft Sport.

let me hear "your" views on all of the above.
Last edited by Beowolff on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Twain:
Beowolff

Postby Katana » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:28 pm

I know that's how K-otic did it as far as the multiple teams. Seems to work pretty well.
"Men get arrested. Dogs get put down." - Rorschach
Katana

Postby firefighter702 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 pm

firefighter702

Postby Sephis » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:54 pm

"Why always the fighting?"
Sephis

Postby firefighter702 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 pm

firefighter702

PreviousNext

Return to Jackson, TN