A Statement on Basic Tactics

Airsoft Equipment Reviews by Rogue Element

Moderator: Rogue Element

A Statement on Basic Tactics

Postby Rogue Element » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Speaking of Gear, I believe that one of the most important pieces of personal kit is a practical knowledge of basic squad tactics. A good number of AS enthusiasts play with little to no knowledge of basic maneuvers.

I encounter this scenario at almost every skirmish I participate in:

I hook up with a group of random non-team affiliated players. During maneuvering and firefights, I become frustrated. The lack of basic tactical knowledge leaves us, as a group, extremely vulnerable, both defensively and offensively.

Force is always greater in numbers. Going "Rambo" usually doesn't win firefights. Objectives are easier to achieve when everyone knows what to do and how to do it. Individuals players can easily become a improvised "ad-hoc" team when everybody has an understanding.

Here is a good starter* article I found on general basic tactics (without reading a whole Military Field guide). (*this is only a "starter" article, not all of it directly applies to AS nor is it the best example - I invite you to do your own additional homework/research)

http://www.military-sf.com/Tactics.htm

Do your research, get familiar, and practice these and other tactics on the skirmish field. I guarantee, when you hook up with others in a skirmish who also are in-the-know, it will make a significant difference.

The best gear and the most upgraded weapon does squat, unless you know how to employ them properly with others.

"The difference between surgery and butchering is how you use the blade."

I hope this helps.

Like GI JOE, "Knowing is Half the Battle"

RE

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Return to The GEARboX