[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Whats your favorite vest and why? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Whats your favorite vest and why?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Whats your favorite vest and why?

Postby Shifty » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Whats your favorite vest and why? Include some details about why it works for you

My newest favorite has got to be a CIRAS. Im accualy in the process of buying one. I would love a CIRAS vest, but most are way too expensive. Does anyone know where i could get a decient deal on one?
Also, are there any other similar vests that you know of that i might like?

Alrighty people, Whats the best?

If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Re: Whats your favorite vest and why?

Postby BigRed1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:05 pm

I don't have the expertise to say which is "best" -- that's a broad term, and there are other guys who are more "gear-aholics" than I am and probably have better knowledge.

But Cadef steered me toward my current vest / chest rig a while back, and I love it. Great quality, for an awesome price:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE138-1.html

One of the great things about it is that it comes with mag pouches already on it -- saving $ from having to buy some.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Shifty » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Dang, that is a good deal. Yeah you are right, "best" is a broad term. I guess what i meant is what is your opinion of the best. Ive been getting Cheaper Than Dirts magazine for years, I dont know why I havent thought to check them.

Thanks
If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Postby vulrath » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:36 pm

I looved my CIRAS when I had it (it was a genuine PHANTOM brand one, too). Only reason why I traded it away was because when I put it on, my friends commented that I looked like I was wearing a barrel with pouches on it (it was a large, and I needed a medium or small). I have since traded it away to a good friend of mine for a generic Condor vest (we were both more interested in what fit well than the values of the items being traded). You can see my current vest in the loadout thread.

As soon as I get my next paycheck I plan on getting another CIRAS to complete my assault loadout and replace the one that I traded (I'm trying to shift as much gear as I can off of my other vest because I feel like I put on 30 lbs and gained about 5 inches around my waist when I put my vest on right now; I haven't decided if I'm going to get Pantac brand gear or not).
vulrath

Postby Sigmarius » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 am

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby Rogue Element » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 pm

As previously stated, "Best" is somewhat of a broad term. "Best," in terms of airsoft, is basically what works best for you, your gear, and your style of play. First you have to gauge what you are looking for in a "vest" - functionality, "fashion" (going for a certain look), or both.

You basically can break it down into three catagories: Chest Rigs, Vests (commonly zip up the middle), and Plate Carriers. Chest Rigs and Vests commonly come in two styles, MOLLE (for customization) and preset pouches. Plate Carriers normally are set up for MOLLE.

In General, chest rigs and vests are lighter and more flexible - good for "Hi-Speed / Low Drag." The ones with pouches sewn in are usually more economical, though you sacrifice the customization offered by various specialized MOLLE pouches - which purchasing "a-la-carte" can get pricey.

Plate carriers are generally heavier and more robust (though there are some "lean" minimalist carriers in the market) specifically for their described purpose. They usually offer larger "real estate" for MOLLE pouches. Some offer a quick-release system (i.e. CIRAS) for emergency doffing (i.e. drowning, medical accessibility, damage, etc.), which is functional in a real battlespace. I personally don't care for the quick-release carriers as they rarely serve any functional purpose in an airsoft battle.

I personally have an assortment of vests and plate carriers for both function and "geardo" purposes. Sometimes I don't even use one, opting for a "battle belt" kit. Just depends on how I feel for that skirmish and/or the demands of the mil-sim operation.

Though, if I were to pick one out of my collection, it would be my Blackwater Gear I/O plate carrier in MultiCam. They are somewhat of a collectors item and, at the time I purchased it, it was hard to find any plate carrier in MultiCam. It's also set up "heavy," with a hydro carrier, gadget pouch, med pouch, com pouch, and space for a dozen magazines in double stack open tops -that's capacity for over 2400 shots in Hi-Cap, or 1440 in Mid-Cap

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby Sigmarius » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Sigmarius

Postby Shifty » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Hey, Thanks all of you that contributed their ideas. I agree with what several of you have said, 'best" is a broad term and what might be best for one person (i.e what works for them best) might not be good for someone else. And, even though i like the CIRAS vest style vest, I think im going to go with the molle modular vest BigRed1 showed me. (thanks BigRed1!!!)

But to all of you, keep the posts coming!!! Its helped me alot with making up my mind.

Futhermore, if you have any advice on good places to buy cheap (but decient(by cheap i mean affordable)) molle pouches and extra midcap magazines for m4/m16, lemme know.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Shifty on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shifty

Postby Sigmarius » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:36 pm

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5320 BANG! MAGS! I use them myself.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=4661 BANG! POUCHES! I use these and these: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=4876 and I recommend them to anyone and everyone. I find them to be superior to any and all m4 mag holders out there.

No velcro to make noise when reloading to give your position away if you need to reload and not be heard, they take up less space, and you can get them in almost any combination of single pouch/stackers from single to triples. Plus, the outside of each holder have MOLLE webbing, so you can still mount stuff on top of them, such as your dump pouch, which is what I do.

The ONLY downside to them, that I can find, is that dirt and grime can get into them a little easier, since there is no overall covering on them. However, if you put your mags top down, this is even less of an issue, and become an overall minor one.

Plus, reloads, especially if you have magpuls on your mags, reloads are lightning fast. With a little practice, you can reload in less than 2 seconds. Thus why I love them.

Also, if you want a slightly cheaper vest, and one that I can personally attest to, having used two different versions, is this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=1103

I still use my tan one, and used to own one in UCP (ACU). I only got rid of it because I didn't use the camo pattern anymore. It works well, and is very cost effective.

Personal piece of advice, take all these links, and go to your local airsoft store, and get a quote from them. Support your local store whenever possible.

Sigmarius

Postby seal sniper » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:48 pm

I'd suggest for a chest rig: http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/produ ... ts_id=1967

For a PC: http://eagleindustries.com/product.php? ... t=0&page=1

And for a combo: http://eagleindustries.com/product.php? ... t=0&page=1

I have had expierence with all of them and my favorite is the LBT 1961a chest rig.
Fear no evil, shun no labor, lift up rifle, pike, and saber To Arms!
seal sniper

Postby Rogue Element » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:19 pm

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby Sigmarius » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Sigmarius

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:40 pm

The King Arms Wasatch replica or MPS is a great deal for the money. It can hold 12 mags, a radio, grenade, hydration bladder, and has lots of real estate for other MOLLE pouches. If you have the money go for the HSGI one though.
King Arms: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=3914

HSGI: http://www.optactical.com/wasatch.html
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby USBWL » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:26 pm

My favorite vest.

*** BANNED ***.

Noobie gun list:
Custom Inokatsu Zastava M92 Carbine
Custom Prime LR-300ML (FOR SALE)
Custom KSC USP Compact
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle