[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - INDOOR Airsoft Arena in Red Bank: Opinions Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

INDOOR Airsoft Arena in Red Bank: Opinions

Discussions among Airsoft players in the Chattanooga, TN area.

Moderators: dogsoldier, uberguy

INDOOR Airsoft Arena in Red Bank: Opinions

Postby french1973 » Sat May 22, 2010 1:39 am

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. I NEED YOUR OPINIONS.

I am a Paintball vet but am just getting into Airsoft. I have discovered that there are not any indoor Airsoft arenas in this area (to my knowledge anyway).This gave me an idea yesterday. There are several former grocery store buildings in the Red Bank area of Chattanooga that would be perfect for this and would allow enough space for two separate indoor playing areas, staging and dressing/gear-up areas, an indoor range and chrono area and pretty much enough room to handle any Airsoft need. Two are really large spaces with plenty of parking and in a fairly non-congested area. This space would allow for night games in a well lit area.

If I get enough positive feedback and can get the financing right and all the red tape cleared, I would like to make this happen. To make this work, I will need to get some people with experience in battle scenarios, safety, bookkeeping and sales. I will be in charge of advertising/managing. I plan on talking with local law enforcement to see if anyone can come onboard to help with tactics and experience in exchange for free play. I plan on getting all these people later. Right now, I just need your thoughts and opinions.

WE CAN MAKE THIS WORK IF WE TRY.

Last edited by french1973 on Sat May 22, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWA M4 Magpul / DE M58A Shotgun / KWA M1911 Mk IV / good trigger control
french1973

Re: INDOOR Airsoft Arena in Red Bank: Opinions

Postby MrBlack » Sat May 22, 2010 7:01 am

As a former paintballer who is new to airsoft, here's my input:

Indoor airsoft can be fun and profitable if done correctly. There are 2 indoor fields in Atlanta (that I'm aware of), and 1 does it right, and one doesn't. With one of them it's basically a paintball speedball game using airsoft equipment. The field is really nice, but with mostly kids around age 12, and a set up and go at it type gameplay, it just wasn't a whole heck of a lot of fun.

I have not played the other place, but have a buddy who did a few weeks ago, and he said they were much more tuned into the scenario aspect of airsoft (I was a scenario paintballer myself, and while I enjoyed speedball ok, scenarios are where it's at!). They would do things like have to retrieve an object and secure it for a specific amount of time, etc. Still a lot of younger folks, but they were pretty excited about the scenario aspect.

I live in Red Bank, and I've had many of the same thoughts of what one could do with an old grocery store (the BiLo on 153 would attract more customers, but I'm betting it has a FAR higher rental cost than the old BiLo on Dayton Blvd). I'll be happy to lend my input. I did the paintball thing for 20 years and am just now into airsoft. It would be nice to be able to go play for an hour or 2 after a rough day at work, even if it was raining.
Cliff "MrBlack" Ling
Captain, The Black Knights
http://www.TheBlackKnights.net
MrBlack

Postby Spook » Sat May 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Come little ones, come to the realism. Come to where you aren't covered in slime at the end of the day. Come to the less expensive game. Bring your friends.

A CQB place would always be welcome, but like the man said...gotta do it right.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Spook

Postby ghost. » Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Well okay ive been playing now for four years and yet have I played in a cqb arena , I personally think this would be a great idea for people that enjoy playing our sport, I my self am a youth/junior player I'm fourteen years old and personally think that field and arenas are pretty stupid if they have a age limit , I think we should all play together at the same games instead of junior and adult games some of us junior players are good and just as good as some adults, take it from me, this would be a great idea , if you need any help building or anything, just ask ,
Ghost out,
Chattanooga Rum Runner's
Squadrin#297 Alpha team 1st Platoon
"GHOST"
"only the dead have seen the end of war"- Plato
INFIDEL STRONG!
ghost.

Postby french1973 » Sat May 22, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks guys for the input. Mr. Black, I also live in Red Bank and was actually thinking about the old Bi-Lo or Food Lion right next to it on Dayton Blvd.I thought about the old Hixson Bi-Lo too but the rent would probably be too high. I agree. I don't want to just throw something together and play. I really want to have different scenarios to choose from, however, I really don't have much experience in scenarios and tactics so I would need some help in that area. Actually, I prefer outdoor scenarios to CQB, but there is already several outdoor fields in the area, there needs to be an after hours night time arena.

KEEP YOUR OPINIONS COMING, THANKS.
french1973

Postby Silvertone Hero » Sun May 23, 2010 1:54 pm

I personaly think that this would be an excellent idea. I live in dayton and i cant drive to highpoint everytime i want to play because its to far. I could manage Red Bank though very easily. I know a couple of people who have experience in the military and coould probably help with the scenario part. As far as the financial part goes you could set a donation type thing up like if someone donates 50 dollars they could get a card with 5% discount off field fee and other stuff 100$ donation a card with 10% discount or something along that line. There is enough people in this area that play you could easily make a few thousand off donations. As far as sales go depending on what you need sold my step dad could probably help he's a salesman at Dominion Box Co. and he's had alot of experience in this feild of work you'd just have to talk to him personally. I hope that this can actually happen it'd be great
Ziel! Feuer! Kopf Schuss!

Sieg Heil!
Silvertone Hero

Postby darkwolf » Sun May 23, 2010 7:38 pm

hi im on the same team as goast and ive played for a while. as for my imput on senerioes i think that it should have terrorists taking hosteges in a super market or so and ect. or so
g36-c
and a s.a.w machine gun
darkwolf

Postby School Boy » Mon May 24, 2010 2:22 pm

I myself am up for that.
as long as its well kept and enforces rules, behavior, etc.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

Nacht Kinder Squad Leader
KWA USP
School Boy

Postby Ahroun » Thu May 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Apart from Financing (as it's not within our means at all), Z.H.I. is willing to help if necessary. We're, for the most part, Paintball veterans who got into Airsoft recently, and have been wanting an indoor arena more than you could believe.
Sometimes you have to just shoot someone to get their attention
Ahroun

Postby french1973 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:16 pm

I am still looking for a large indoor space that I can afford and am trying to get my business plan nailed down for when I get insurance and a business license. If anyone knows of a LARGE warehouse space (at least 20,000 sq. ft.) with office space and restrooms for around $1-2 sq. ft., please let me know. Either lease or buy. I do plan on having KWA M4 for rentals (for reliability) and hopefully enough ceiling space for some 2-story structure barricades. Also, anyone who has plenty of tech experience in airsoft guns, let me know. Not just someone who has just taken apart their own, but actually work on airsoft guns for a while. I have some experience but not enough. This business will take a little while to get off the ground no be patient. Any help is appreciated. This will happen, just keep the faith.
french1973

Postby Dreygon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:38 am

Dreygon

Postby Spook » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am

I'd like to see someone use an abandoned town with intact buildings for airsoft. Maybe some old railroad ghost town, or even a portion of an existing town which is no longer populated. Fighting inside a building, even a large building, is CQB, but how many battles are fought inside a single structure?

If a structure were large enough to build a small town inside it, that would be interesting. Unfortunately, that would also most likely be prohibitive cost-wise.
Spook

Postby -EAF- » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:25 pm

hm........if you got a C.Q.B field up I would come down from Knoxville and play there since I am starting to play C.Q.B now!
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Silvertone Hero » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 pm

hey if you are still wanting to start this up there's a place up here in dayton it's the old ace hardware building and is right off the highway besides the building there are smaller but still pretty good size building that i guess were used for lumber storage and theres about 5 of them if youre interested i'll swing by the building and get the numbers for you to call for more info
Ziel! Feuer! Kopf Schuss!

Sieg Heil!
Silvertone Hero

Postby french1973 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Thanks Silvertone. That would be great but I want to stay in Chattanooga. I don't want to travel to go to work, ha ha. Besides, I want to support the Chattanooga, or Red Bank economy. I am really looking for warehouse space as that would be cheaper. It will be a while before I get this going. Possible even next year before I get enough funding (unless I win the LOTTO). I am still working up my business plan and start-up costs. I just wanted to get feedback on what local airsofters thought. It does seem that there is an overwhelming desire for an "Anytime in Any Weather" type of airsoft field. That is my plan, to open an indoor arena that can be used day or night, and in hot, cold, or rainy weather. Keep the feedback coming.

*** side note *** Waiting for UPS to deliver my KWA M1911 Mk4 OD. Should be here 7/19/2010. Will be an improvement over my generic G17 GBB. Can't wait.
french1973

Next

Return to Chattanooga, TN